Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tenmaru_gw

What's happening to my Chocolate Beauty?

Tenmaru
10 years ago

Hello,

First off, I apologize if I should not have cross-posted (I have a thread in the pests and diseases section). I also know this is the "hot pepper" forum, but I feel this is alright.

I bought a chocolate beauty variety from an organic place here that is pretty able at growing things. It was already hardened off.

I planted my chocolate beauty one week ago, and it has a few issues that I just don't know what it could be.

A few of details: 1) it's in a container in which I accidentally had miracle gro in-ground soil (yesterday I switched to a mix of potting mix, peat, perlite, mixed into the in-ground to loosen it). 2)I sprinkled a small amount of bone and blood meal on the surface of the soil a couple of days post planting. 3) I found some aphids on one leaf after I noticed the problems, but not very many. I removed them. 4) I removed some really nasty looking leaves in the first pic, but the leaves are kind of deforming still.

I can't really find any pests and I'm not really sure what to make of what's happening. I really can't tell if this is blight--it doesn't quite look like it. I don't really see how a few aphids could do this, nor organic fertilizer.

Would a tight root ball have cause this? As a newbie, I was worried about tugging at the ball from the container I bought it in. When I replanted last night though, I tugged some roots out and ripped it a bit to encourage new, far-reaching growth.

Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored