Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Super hot recommendations?

Posted by Trumpstylz none (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 15:23

I am interested in growing my own peppers. I would like to grow 7pots/habaneros/scotch bonnets/bhuts/nagas and possibly scorpion or carolina reapers in red, orange, chocolate, or yellow. Does anyone have seeds they can send or trade? I could paypal the shipping cost.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Super hot recommendations?

If you haven't grown C.chinense before (all the super-hots are chinense), don't go too wild. Stick with 4-6 varieties. And don't expect that colored varieties will be stable - most aren't yet. Try these:

Bhut jolokia (red)
Trinidad douglah (brown)
Chocolate habanero or scotch bonnet
Fatalii (yellow) - plants can be bought from a box store to get you started. (Bonnie Plants' "Worlds Hottest Habanero")

Also try something else so you can appreciate the difference both in growing and eating. For one thing, it is quite late in the year to start chinense and you won't get a crop probably until late September. These others will ripen sooner (as will the fatalii with its head start).

Lemon Drop (C.baccatum) - yellow
Manzano (C.frutescens ?) - orange or other
Jalapeno (C.annum) - your little buddy.

Good luck!
Dennis

This post was edited by DMForcier on Tue, May 6, 14 at 11:41

o

I'm currently growing yellow fatali, trinidad scorpion, and scotch bonnet.
I grew the scorpions from seed but I recommend you buy the actual plants.
It's much easier and put them in at least 5 gallon pots and let soil dry out between waterings and fertilize properly.
Good luck!
Stoney

o

where do you find the actual plants? They're kind of hard to find for me.

o

I like these guys. 6 plant minimum order.

http://www.refiningfirechiles.com/ccsuperhots.html

o

Many posters were getting them from Cross Country Nurseries last year. Plants looked in great shape from the pics I saw. Also 6 plant minimum.

Kevin

o

Trumpy, where are you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here