Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parupudi_gw

Hot Pepper Plant Care in TEXAS

parupudi
16 years ago

HI,

I live in Katy(30 Miles WEST of HOUSTON). I have planted 2 pepper plants which i got from local store. With the unpredictable weather and rains that we have been having here, temperatures just started going up to 90 for the last one week.

My plants so far look healthy but keep getting those yellow leafs on and off. One of the peppers is a F1 Hybrid(That's what it says on the tag).This has almost 11 chillis ranging from 1 inch to 4 inches of peppers. This has been doing good so far. How long should i wait before i can pluck the peppers? On the tag it says fruit will turn green, orange and red.

Also, one of the biggest peppers is getting a black color on one side.Anything wrong with this? or is this a process of coloring gradually to orange/red?

My 2nd pepper plant which i got from a HD is a Serrano Pepper. Has been growing tall and just started blooming except that didn't see anything esle going on with this plant so far.

Both of them get good sun for almost about 6-8 hours. I water them once every 2 days. Didn't spray any pesticides and fertilizers so far and i don't intend to do either.

The yellow leaves still worries me.Anything that i am doing wrong? may be over watering? How often do i need to water them here in Houston,TX?

I am planning to add some humus and manure and vegetable soil to the bed. can i replant these again as soon as i prepare the soil? Do i need to add mulch?

I also have 2 Tomato plants, 2 squash and 2 cucumber plants in the same bed.

Any quick response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pavani

Comments (5)

Sponsored