Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bhut Leaves

Posted by Obi_Juan none (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 15:36

My Bhut Jolokia's leaves are now drooping down. I don't know whether or not this is a problem, but I came home today, and the leaves on my plant have turned dark green, and are drooping down. Problem or not? If so, solution? Please Help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bhut Leaves

When was the last time you watered it?

(and don't just run out and water it, overwatering causes the same reaction)

o

The day before yesterday, it doesn't look like it's dying. It looks as though the leaves are too heavy for the stems.

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Tue, May 15, 12 at 22:07

Was it a HOT sunny day today? Peppers tend to droop late in the afternoon on hot sunny days. If you look at it a couple hours after the sun goes down and it cools off, you might see it perk right back up...This is completely normal. The plant is letting the leaves droop so they don't get as much sun. Or better yet, check it early the next morning. If it is still drooping, you have a problem. If not, don't worry.
Bruce

o

They weren't this morning, and yes yesterday afternoon was a sunny day all day, and was pretty warm.

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Wed, May 16, 12 at 10:21

Then, it was probably just the normal late day wilting that Peppers go through. As long as the soil isn't dry, they will perk right back up.
Bruce

o

Alright, I've been hardening off the.bhut since my last post its about to go into a much larger planter. What type of soil mixture should I use?

o

Ha sorry meant to post this on a different thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here