Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dbstrat

How to water peppers

dbstrat
12 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted, done several searches but maybe this will be a quick answer for someone.

I'm really trying NOT to overwater my peppers so my question is this: is it acceptable to totally soak these peppers by pouring water until it is dripping substantially out the bottom vents? Of course I would not leave it in a puddle, but it would be pretty well soaked at this point.

The reason I ask is that I was initially doing this and it was working fine but then several of my plants started turning much lighter green and looking icky so I figured I was overdoing it with the water. Then I started just trying to get them really well with a spray bottle, but now they dry out like every two days or even one day when I have them outside for hardening and then they start to curl up.

I have always waited until they are starting to droop or curl or otherwise show signs of needing water, the difference only being how much water I give them at once.

Any advice? It takes me like 20 minutes to spray bottle the 18 pack (maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist about it) and I feel like I have to do it all the time vs. the pour and soak method.

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County