Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djoyofficial

Its war! Aphids?

djoyofficial
9 years ago

I relocated two of my plants yesterday and this morning I found these little #$#kers nestled in close to the stem on the uncurling new leaves....

I had killed a half a dozen of them when I started searching for the source, fearing that I had brought something home from the nursery.

The plants look pretty o.k. I have thoroughly inspected them, and I have hope that I killed those things before they laid eggs on my babies. I didn't have to look far for the guilty party. Just around the corner I found this guy covered with them.

This is the only noticeable damage so far so I am optimistic. The brown stuff on the stems two pictures up is just a little dirt that splashed up during a watering snafoo, allÃÂ rinsed off now.

Anyone know what these are called so I can do a little research on getting them off my other plants?

If anyone notices my post running slow because of picture loading plz let me know, I'm new to posting here and don't want to bog anyone down.

To give ya all an idea of what I'm working with here is a link to video of my back yard, pesticides are out of the question. I am leaning towards relocating the necessary good bugs into the areas that are infected.

Fun in the sun...
dj

This post was edited by djoy on Fri, May 16, 14 at 16:47

Comments (7)

Sponsored