Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small holes in my pepper leaves

Posted by dirtaddshp Zone 8 (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 12 at 16:09

Hello,

i didnt have this problem last year but this year i see these tiny dots in the leaves of all my pepper plants (5 different strains). And some holes in my tomato plant too which one identical.. see pics below. What is this? it seems to be stunting my plants growth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small holes in my pepper leaves

Look up Google click Images type in flea beetle damage. Also set sticky traps to be sure.

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Sun, May 13, 12 at 18:32

Acid rain!

Photobucket
Bruce

o

Have you looked under the leafs? Anything there?

o

ah wow yes it appears to be Flea beetles! Ill get some food grade DE and spread it around my garden.

thank you!

o

Before you attack may want to be 100% it's flea beetles, that's why I mentioned sticky traps. I always want to know what's wrong before trying to attack or resolve some other non pest related issue like nute or soil difficiency.

o

Slow down!

As habjolokia said, before you attack know what you're dealing with.

Frankly, from your pictures, I'm not sure it's a pest. Besides the holes you have some malformed leaves, yellowing leaves and dieing leaf tips. To me at least, it suggests it may be an environmental or nutritional issue.

Put out some traps as suggested.

o

Agree with Ottawapepper, could you post pics of the plants in their current state? Would be helpful and describe the conditions temps/watering/ferts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here