Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtaddshp

Small holes in my pepper leaves

dirtaddshp
11 years ago

Hello,

i didnt have this problem last year but this year i see these tiny dots in the leaves of all my pepper plants (5 different strains). And some holes in my tomato plant too which one identical.. see pics below. What is this? it seems to be stunting my plants growth.

Comments (7)

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Look up Google click Images type in flea beetle damage. Also set sticky traps to be sure.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Acid rain!

Bruce

• User
    11 years ago

Have you looked under the leafs? Anything there?

• dirtaddshp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ah wow yes it appears to be Flea beetles! Ill get some food grade DE and spread it around my garden.

thank you!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Before you attack may want to be 100% it's flea beetles, that's why I mentioned sticky traps. I always want to know what's wrong before trying to attack or resolve some other non pest related issue like nute or soil difficiency.

• User
    11 years ago

Slow down!

As habjolokia said, before you attack know what you're dealing with.

Frankly, from your pictures, I'm not sure it's a pest. Besides the holes you have some malformed leaves, yellowing leaves and dieing leaf tips. To me at least, it suggests it may be an environmental or nutritional issue.

Put out some traps as suggested.

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    11 years ago

Agree with Ottawapepper, could you post pics of the plants in their current state? Would be helpful and describe the conditions temps/watering/ferts

Sponsored