Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bill_missy

MG Fert Vs. Alaska Fish Fert

Bill_Missy
10 years ago

Hello all,

Well, all my plants are doing great, I even have a lot with pods and most with flowers. They have all (About 75) been outside and doing very well.

My concern now is fertilization. I have only fertilized twice. Once about 6 weeks ago with quarter strength MG 24-8-16 and once about 3 weeks ago with same fert but full strength, I am thinking it is time again to feed them. I am using 5 types of medium but all have slow release Osmocote. Most are in 5 Gal containers with some in the ground and some in hanging planters. I water about every third day.

Here is my question. Should I continue on the path of MG 24-8-16 or go with Alaska Fish fert 5-1-1 (which I have also)? Can the two be mixed?

All plants are very healthy. Some sun burn here and there and minimal yellow leaves and some leaf drop here and there. No big deal. I have been growing these since early January and dang sure don't wont to kill them now. Great weather, 70s to low 80s in the day and mid 50s at night)

I am almost ready to have to harvest some Cayanne and Jalapenos. My Fatalis and Bonnets are producing great and I have Butch T's and Bhuts getting ready to explode.

Advice and comments welcome and greatly appreciated.

Bill

Comments (4)