Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing Ghost and Scorpion peppers

Posted by Zedsicles546 none (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 18:40

I am currently growing ghost and scorpion peppers and I was wondering about the transfer to a green house. I know you have to harden off the plants to place them outside but what about putting them in a greenhouse. I was planning on transplanting the seedlings to a bigger pot and then placing them into a greenhouse. Do I have to harden them off to be placed in the greenhouse?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Ghost and Scorpion peppers

Probably not, the greenhouse glass will filter the light and there wont be any violent winds...

o
RE: Growing Ghost and Scorpion peppers

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Wed, May 14, 14 at 20:32

Yah, I threw mine out into the green house with no hardening off. Just be careful not to let the temps sky rocket inside when the sun is out. Your plants probably won't be happy at 100 degrees.
Bruce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here