Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chilemilio

Why you don't eat spicy sandwiches during work meetings

chilemilio
9 years ago

So I was working really hard on Tuesday last week.. working straight through lunch. A friend of mine picked me up a nice banh mi sandwich, with lots of sliced up serranos in it, and delivered at 12.58pm

I had mtgs scheduled 1 to 4.30.. my first one was relatively informal, so I took half of it with me, using my hands to distribute the serranos more evenly throughout the crusty sandwich as I walked in. Sandwich was excellent, I kept pushing the serranos back in with my index finger as they crept out with every bite. I was doing pretty well at not talking with a full mouth.. the afternoon was looking up

And then my eye started to itch, like an eyelash had fallen in it, so I reached in to pull it out....

FFIIRREE!!!!

Tried keeping cool, but how can you ignore the dude at the end of the table with a napkin covering half of his face, still trying to pull the eyelash out. I think I succeeded, but i couldn't really tell with burning eyelids

I managed to pull it together, with my right eye closed.. and then learned a very valuable lesson.. no matter how hungry you are, just don't do it

Comments (5)