Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepete2

mildly retarded girlfriend

pepete2
15 years ago

My mildly retarded (but hot!) girlfriend "watered" my plants for me while I was out of town on business this week. As you could have probably guessed, I came home to crispy bhut jolokia seedlings. I don't want to talk about it....I'M STILL PISSED!!!

Anyways, I'm tryin to find a good place to order some online and was looking for some suggestions. I've found one place, but man they're expensive.

Honestly, I shouldn't care...she's buyin the replacements.

Comments (14)

• pepper_tamer
    15 years ago

Ouch, that sucks I'm always worried about my peppers getting watered by my friends when I head out of town on a business trip. I have yet to come home to decimated plants but no doubt one of these days it's bound to happen.

• jimster
    15 years ago

Your story is just one of thousands like it. I have found, by hard experience, that it is not safe to leave plants of any kind in the care of someone who is not a fellow gardener. The odds of the plants dying is extremely high, almost a certainty. Sorry to hear it happened to yours.

It's always difficult to understand how the plantsitter can be so inattentive and unobservant, but they just seem to have no feeling or sense of what the plants need, even when it has been carefully explained beforehand. There's no use getting angry at them. They are simply clueless about what seems to us a simple matter. They don't understand that a plant is a living thing and watering cannot be delayed for a day or a week. They think of a plant as a piece of furniture. That's my best explanation.

Jim

• pepete2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Any good places to order plants online I don't know about?

• smokemaster_2007
    15 years ago

I was looking the other day for plants because a friend wants a couple and doesn't want to mess with seeds.
    I think the cheepest were 3-4 bucks + shipping.You also had to buy a minimum amount of plants too at some places.

Most places we checked out were sold out but there were a few that still had them in stock.
    I'd E-Mail any grower first.

http://thechilewoman.com/listofchiles/alphabet/#B

Chile Plants.com is sold out.

Send her to the poorhouse-link below
    http://green2995.stores.yahoo.net/bhjoseandpl.html

Ships June 6th-$3.99+
    http://www.bcfarm.com/bhut-jolokia-p-157.html

• hendrik_vanderdekin
    15 years ago

Time for a new girl friend, being "Hot" can excuse quite a few things but killing your peppers is grounds for termination.

• gojira
    15 years ago

Well, I'd give her one more chance.

I had a friend once water my plants for a week. She did it, too, but only put down enough water to dampen the soil on the tops of the pots. She said she had to do it every day because they were always dry. Well, surprise. And they were mostly dead when I got home.

• pepete2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's exactly what happened gojira.

• byron
    15 years ago

Try chilewmn@thechilewoman.com

Tell her LB sent you.

(Just means a hug for me in Sept )

• gojira
    15 years ago

I think newbies get scared by "don't water them too much!" and underwater.

Is the Chile Woman at home on the weekends, or is she off doing farmers markets or something? I'm only a couple of hours away and am tempted to drive up there some Saturday just to see the place.

• byron
    15 years ago

I never asked if she is there.

I know she is not there during last weekend in Sept
    beyond that is a guess.

• city_tomato
    15 years ago

Post pics of your girlfriend please...

• mrmulcher
    15 years ago

i was looking on the net last night at something else and ran across this place called Hirt's gardens that had Bhut's for sale ....

• Allison Proctor
    15 years ago

I would consider myself mildly retared leaving my plants to the care of others... Really, no one is as much in tune with your plants as you, and if it were me, I'd be super suprised if all or any, lived in my absence. Maybe because my smokin hot boyfriend may possibly be retarded also:)

• chuck
    15 years ago

If you are starting over now, maybe you might consider trying one of those self-watering setups. The commercial ones are kind of expensive, especially if you're like me with several dozen plants. If you want to consider a simple and cheap design, you can take a peek at mine. I have a dozen Guam Boonies and several other varieties this year. Or, you might consider getting some of the SHULTZ clay conditioner which is very good for holding lots of water and air in it's microscopic pores. I got my Guam boonies from cross country nurseries. www.chileplants.com. The plants always arrive healthy, and they have a large selection. I could hardly believe that they had the Guam boonies. good luck chuck

Here is a link that might be useful: self watering setup

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor