Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Pepper! Thanks For The Help.

Posted by obchili 3 (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 14 at 20:34

Hi there. I am just so happy right now. I was just looking at my peppers and just saw my first growth. I am so happy! First year growing, first pepper. Unfortunately, I do not know what kind it is though, as the name was forgotten. But thanks to those here who have helped me along the way, as well as others posts that I have learned from. Anyways, here is a picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Pepper! Thanks For The Help.

If I had to guess, Tabasco. Looks just like mine. They are great producers.
Mine is two years old and still going strong :-)
Is that an indoor plant?

Edit: it may not be a Tabasco. They usually don't start green. Usually light yellow to deep orange. Hmm..
Stoney

This post was edited by stoneys_fatali on Sat, May 3, 14 at 21:01

o

Ok I'll play. Reminds me of Rooster Spur pepper.

Capsicum annuum. Plant produces good yields of tiny 1 ½" long by ¼" hot peppers. Peppers grow upright, are very hot, and turn from green, to orange, to red when mature. Plant has green stems, green leaves, and white flowers. Excellent for making the Rooster Pepper Sausage. A heirloom variety Laurel, Mississippi. Grown by the Ainsworth family for more than 100 years. Suitable for containers. Certified Organic. pk/20

Here is a link that might be useful: Rooster Spur

o

Darn, that looks close to my flowers. I would say that the pods are close. I guess we will have to wait. I will also try to get a picture tomorrow of a flower in case that may help.

o

Congrats obchili!

Looks like some variety of an asian pepper. Thai or Japones or something like that. Should have a fair amount of heat green or red.

Let us know.

Kevin

o

Congratulations! If you weren't addicted before, you will be now!

Tim

o

I am just a hobbiest. I would hate to be addicted. I think 75 plants is a hobbiest, no....... Thanks all again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here