Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jottle

Leaves browning and falling off, peppers miniature and premature

jottle
9 years ago

Over the last few weeks I've started noticing my pepper plant is in serious distress. I planted it in a good sized container with regular potting soil and a drain. It sits in full sun all day, and I water it about once a week or when the soil is no longer moist 2inches down. For Feb-March the plant flourished with no issues under these conditions. Now, with no other changes, it has started to slowly die off first by losing its pepper buds, then now all the leaves are browning on the edges before falling off completely dead. The peppers that are still viable are very small in size and ripen very quickly. I thought the plant was rootbound two weeks ago, so I repotted it into an even larger pot with a drain. It turns out that the plant had plenty of space to grow in the old pot, and the roots were very damp. Since repotting, the plant has continued to wither away. I can't figure out the cause. There are no pests. The only thing I've noticed is that the soil retains moisture for a good amount of time. Could this be root rot? Any advice?

Comments (12)

Sponsored