Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First!

Posted by Phildeez none (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 20:59

First to fruit is the Hungarian Wax! Blossomed a week later than the Hot Cherries, too. I am not quite shameless enough to go in my front yard with a Q-tip yet. I still hope to get laid here and there lol. Maybe soon!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First!

hahahaha! thats classic, you should use the q-tip! if you dont get laid because you are using a q-tip then she is not the right girl!

o

Wait until you get married, then you can use the Q TIP all you want cause you won't be getting laid either way! Congrats on the peppers.

o

Hail the Hungarian!

My Hungarian was the first to fruit this year/Winter, but I promptly pulled the pods.

A Q-tip?! I use a cat's whisker... ;-)

Josh

o

Josh, I am wondering if I should do the same, the plant is small still but it has been potted up for a good few weeks. I might just pinch 2/3 and leave one to make me happy.

o

I bet you'll get two or three distinct harvests off of your plants....
so you could either leave 'em or pluck 'em.

Josh

o

• Posted by esox07 4, S. Cent Wisc (My Page) on
    Sat, May 14, 11 at 16:01

Yah, I am not sure where you are at Phildeez but up here, the growing season is just beginning and you should do real well anywhere south of here if your plants are already fruiting as Josh pointed out.

o

Gotta love them Hungarian Waxes!

I started mine real early this year too. In early Feb. Yep i plucked alot of flower buds off! i got em all planted in the ground now and they are flowering again. Yep Hot Cherries too. Those two varieties are a couple of my favorites.

Jim

o

Ill definitely let the Cherries go, they are much larger and they have a good dozen or more buds per plant. The Hungarian is a lot smaller though and only budded out of the growth tip, 4 buds total. Ill just leave one pepper to keep me satisfied and clip the rest.

I figure with this cold weather the peppers wont be very well flavored anyway, so Ill clip most buds until the nights warm up I think...and I am seeing that 41 is the low forecast for tonight. WTF SPRING!?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here