Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper plants at Costco

Posted by RonnyB123 9 (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 14 at 21:14

Was just there and saw some 7-8 inch Ghost chili seedlings and California Wonders (Bell Pepper) plants for 6.99. Nice size and a good price (2 per pot).

Gotta love those skull and crossbones on the labels.

For those that are late growers or just want some, check to see if your store has them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper plants at Costco

• Posted by jutsFL 9b (Orlando) (My Page) on
    Wed, May 7, 14 at 22:39

I was at Costco about 2, maybe 3 weeks ago. They had a bunch of banana pepper plants that were nearly 2.5ft tall and had numerous peppers already on each plant! They were looking mighty fine, and I would have picked one up - but the ole lady thought the 16+ in the yard was enough already ;)

Jay

o

I was pretty surprised to see those there. Usually Costco only carries the milder stuff. There must be a demand for something to be there.

If I didnt already have some, I would have grabbed those.

o

I am seeing Ghost plants at about every Nursery not part of Walmart, Lowes or Home Depot. They are becoming very popular around Kansas City.

o

Well thats good to know. Easy access for those that want plants.

Thanks

I have not seen those myself at Lowes or Home Depo here, but it does not mean they don't have it at some other store farther away. I did see some at a specialty nursery last year, but they wanted 9.99 for 1 small plant. Way too much.

o

$4.99 here for Ghosts. I also sold some 7-pots, Moruga Scorpions and Fatalli plants to a Nursery, and they are selling them at $4.99 as well.

o

Both of my local nurseries have Ghosts, Fatali, and Carribean reds.
One of them last year had a Moruga Scorpion that was huge and had about 25 pods on it for $15!
I should have picked it up :(

Stoney

o

The HOTTEST you can find around here is Habanero. I have started some orange color from seed. I found RED ones at Fred Meyers and bought one. No superhots around here yet.

o

• Posted by jutsFL 9b (Orlando) (My Page) on
    Thu, May 8, 14 at 22:27

Speaking of local spots, I was at a nursery here in college park not too long ago and saw a few Naga plants for sale. This was the first time I had seen the super hot varieties being sold - locally (and in person) that is. Glad to see the interest, my mom was who actually got me on the hot food kick way back when. We used to order sauces from the Mo Hotta Mo Betta catalog back in the early '90s.

...funny really, we're both still at it... Just now she wants my sauces instead. I really do feel that you either enjoy it or don't though, there's those of us who love the burn - and those who don't!

Jay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here