Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
scotty66 may pepper update

Posted by scotty66 8 Hutto TX (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 21:57

Was worried because of the week long rain we just went through, but it looks like my peppers did ok.

I really, really need to move my Naga peppers to larger containers. (Bruce, do we know what type of Naga's these are: Morich Dorset, viper?)

These Naga peppers are producing lots of bushy growth at the base and the main stalk has really taken off.

Photobucket

Some of the new Naga leaf growth is a little "crinkly/wrinkled " looking. Though still very dark green.

This picture didn't do a good job of capturing the look of the new leaves, but I like the the flower pod. There are several other flower pods just starting to form lower on the plant.

Photobucket

My Jumbo Jalapeno are doing very well, even had to put them in tomato cages they were getting so tall

Photobucket

A jumbo pepper flower pod

Photobucket

Lots of baby jumbo peppers already starting to form.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: scotty66 may pepper update

Looking good! I've noticed rain brings about lots of bud and flower activity, been gettin lots of rain here in MD almost all of May with a day or two that were good sunny days. Keep us posted with pics esp pods and looks like your plants are off to a great start.

o

Finally made a "2 bucket self watering" container and moved one of my Nagas into it. Really hope she likes her new home. I used MG cactus soil for the medium and also ran a long piece of t-shirt from the bottom, up through the center, to the top. Hopefully a 5 gallon bucket will larger enough for this plant and hopefully this system works as good as what I've read.
I think I will put the other Naga's into the ground. I only need to overwinter 1 plant.

My new self watering containter.
Photobucket

close-up
Photobucket

o

Cool! Keep us posted on progress!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here