Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whats this on my Jalapeno leaf?

Posted by renzokukin 8 (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 22:15

I couldn't locate a photo that look just like mine so i deiced to post it here. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? It is now slowly going away, I just want to prevent it in the future.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whats this on my Jalapeno leaf?

looks a little bit like leaf miners.

o

Not really.

How many leaves are affected?
Please post pix of entire plant.

o

It's crossing over veins on the leaf as well as in between the leaf veins. Can you can wipe the stuff off with your fingers? If it is, it's most likely pollen and rain/water drops or pollen otherwise collecting on the leaf because of moisture.

In a lot of zone 7-8 areas pollen is everywhere right now.

o

I was thinking leaf miners at first also, but some of the "markings" are circuitous. Looks like residue of something sprayed or like nc-crn said, raindrops et al.

Kevin

o

Yeah, looks topical to me (raised).

Dave

o

Thank you all for the input!
I can not rub it off (First thing I attempted)
It does not feel "raised" up.
The leaves that are effected are two larger bottom leaves.
I did use some magnesium sulfate foliage feed(Epson salts) and the thought of it staining/burning? the leaves of the plant. The Solution was 1 teaspoon of salt into a gallon of water. I just didnt jump to this conclusion as none of my other plants i used it on suffered these issues. (2 tomato plants)
I was in fear of it being some sort of fungus or disease.

o

The leaves that are effected are two larger bottom leaves.
I did use some magnesium sulfate foliage feed(Epson salts) and the thought of it staining/burning? the leaves of the plant. The Solution was 1 teaspoon of salt into a gallon of water. I just didnt jump to this conclusion as none of my other plants i used it on suffered these issues. (2 tomato plants)
I was in fear of it being some sort of fungus or disease.

Salt pooling on the larger lower leaves and crystalising when it dries. Hard to wash off and so fine you cant feel it, but I reckon that's what it is.
I was gonna say liquid fert as it does the same thing at times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here