Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scgreenthumb1987

update thread.

scgreenthumb1987
9 years ago

I'm just going to use this one thread to keep everyone updated (as best as I can) on my progress.

Garden is about 80% complete. Still have a few more rows to row.

145 pepper plants in the ground and 120 more to go.(I'll leave out all my other vegetables and herbs seeing as this is the pepper forum lol)

5 potted peppers as it is. Probably 4 more will be in containers.

If someone would direct me to the how to post multiple pictures thread I'd greatly appreciate it.

Happy growing yall

Comments (36)

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Looking good!

I use photobucket and use multiple HTML tags to post multiple pics.

Stoney

• jutsFL
    9 years ago

I just figured out how to upload multiples myself... I use a free tinypic account. After you upload your images it gives you many options on how to link them - some sites use the IMG link some use the HTML link, etc... As stated above, just copy and paste the HTML links in your post and they will all show up.

Jay

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

here's a tutorial.

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post multiple pics

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok thanks. I'll download photobucket again after work.

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Gorgeous blooms in that first pic. What is it?

Dennis

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hot cherry. It's to small to let produce. I just took the pic before I snipped them . And thanks

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

My Fatali is starting to bud so I'm waiting for them to open then they are going bye-bye.
    After this snipping, I'll probably let it do it's thing. It about a foot tall now :-)

Stoney

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Getting there.....

{{gwi:575557}}

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

{{gwi:575552}}

Had to show off this. I know it's not a pepper but yay

• jutsFL
    9 years ago

Now that's a serious pepper field!

Jay

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jay.,....I still have another 100 to plant

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    9 years ago

I would so love that kind of space!

Nice job sc!

You know how you wanted to let mother nature take care of the pests? Ideally, you would've made a row of beneficial plants and then border with more. Maybe next year?

Kevin

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol. Well my neighbor had potato plants that is loaded with potato bugs. I do have mint, marigold, sunflower and catnip out there but 2 days ago his bug problem migrated to my peppers........took me 15 min to say hell no. Seven brand liquid spray.

• tomt226
    9 years ago

scgreenthumb,
    Nice. You gonna irrigate or pray fer rain?

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I got sprinklers set up on a well. So nice well water to water them and all I have to do is flip a breaker inside my home. Means I don't even have to be dressed to water the garden :-)

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry about the slow update. I've still got 110 plants to go in the ground (fully hardened off in the sun now, been that way for weeks) my tiller and my row buster (mule) both went down and as my luck goes, while both were a cheap and easy fix, both had parts that HAD to be ordered. Parts came in yesterday, I've got them up and running now so I'll be back to planting saturday. I did get a few more in buckets tho. I'll take pics of the existing plants later today. In the meantime here's a good friend of mines card for anyone looking for seeds, sauce , and other items.....

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've had problems.....

• kuvaszlvr
    9 years ago

Looks like you got all the rain that came through us (although we hardly got any). Mother nature sure can be a b*tch.

Around here the weather men are talking about our "tornado drought". Poor guys, without a bunch of storms they can't pre-empt an entire evening talking about what to do in case you lost electricity and can't watch them.
    Pam

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

How do you get your garden to reflect the sky like that? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Is it a new gardening technique? ;)

(7 years of drought here, much of it in Exceptional stage)

• jutsFL
    9 years ago

Oh, wow! Sorry about the luck... Hoping something was salvageable for ya

Jay

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I lost 5 pepper plants and 2 tomatoes out of all that destruction. The pics were taken after I had plowed drainage out the garden. Should have seen it before I got it drained

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

sorry for taking so long to update. ive got photos uploading to photobucket now. all is going well on my end and ive got 320 plants all together. ive gotten 3 mammoth jalapenos, a few Serrano, one bell and a few cayenne peppers picked so far. as we all know superhots take their sweet time to produce but the plants themselves are doing great and i got my first baby scorpion pepper today on the bush. its about the size of a penny at the moment. pics coming in just a min.

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

more pics in progress. again i apologize for waiting so long. been working 70 plus hours a week and then i have a few android smart phone dev responsibilities after work along with the part time job of the garden itself

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

• peppernovice
    9 years ago

You really need to find something to do with all your free time......you obviously sit around doing nothing all day! :)

Tim

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lol i know right? im just too lazy

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

At work and excited to go home (9 hours left tho)
    The wife was out in the garden picking some herbs for her dinner and text me at work saying " the plant you have labeled as a Naga morich has 3 peppers on it"

Pics will be up in the am. Going to be a long night at work now lol. Never ate a Naga morich. Anyone Care to tell me what to expect? Heat and flavor as well as good uses such as sauce and powder. Thanks

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

and naga morich :-)

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ive got baby reapers!

funny little moruga

• Sam_thepepperman
    9 years ago

Very nice peppers! Also curious, what soil do you use in your pots and buckets?

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

i use scott brand topsoil and add perlite

• Sam_thepepperman
    9 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

• scgreenthumb1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yw. i like scott brand topsoil just because its actually nothing but soil. no extra fertilizers are added,

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!