Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
voldemort_gw

I need help in My habanero plant!!

Voldemort
10 years ago

Ok look at the picture. I see it yellowing. Not sure if this is normal but just to make sure. What do you guys think? I use Advanced Nutrients. (Micro, Grow, Bloom)

This is my first post ever. If anyone can help thank you

Comments (12)

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I had similar problem and got opinions from the form that's "Calcium deficiency". Fertilize and see the new leaves have the same problems. Those deformed and wrinkle leaves cannot be healed.

Caelian

• hillseeker
    10 years ago

Agreed about the wrinkled leaves and calcium deficiency. However, they look a bit yellow. Mine are always dark green even with a calcium deficiency. Have you over fertilized or are they not receiving enough light?

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Hi Voldemort, welcome. Could you let us know the growing conditions, do you use lights or a window? Indoors or outdoors? How often do you water? How often do you fertilize? Also what is the NPK of the fertilizer? My guess since you are using one with "bloom" in the name the middle number is higher than the other two. Consider a fertilizer that's more balanced at this stage like an all purpose. What type of soil are you using and did it already contain a slow release fertilizer?

Mark

• willardb3
    10 years ago

The wrong Ph will also prevent calcium uptake.....check your Ph.

• Voldemort
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Willard3, the fert I use has a PH perfect technology. But I will double check.

Hello Mark! For 3 days we had rain. Very little sunshine. Also my NPK is 4-3-8 this fertilizer is synthetic. So I am guessing it feed the root directly. And my soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

How do fix this calcium deficient? And if it does lock out because of built up salt. How can I fix that? Do I flush?

• Jeff_H
    10 years ago

That NPK is a little low on Nitrogen for this stage. As others suggested, use a more balanced fert or supplement some Nitrogen.

A good way to get calcium is to add some Cal-Mag in your water. If you get Cal-Mag(+) it has a little added Nitrogen so that may help solve all of your issues. IIRC, it is 2-0-0.

• sjetski
    10 years ago

I suspect more than one issue, related perhaps.

Flushing may help in the long term, but if overwatering + cool nighttime temps were a part of the issue, then the yellow leaves may persist for a while.

Sometimes a repot with new balanced soil works the fastest.

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

Bonemeal/bloodmeal is a perfect (organic) solution to calcium deficiency. Just sprinkle some on the soil. When you re-pot, put about a tablespoon in the dirt directly under the plant.

• Voldemort
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you guys! It seemed that I was over watering my plant. Because of of the rain it started to look like this. But when singing came out I took like three days to get that nice green look again. Now the wrinkles are still there. I will just prune those leaves.

-Martin

• tsheets
    10 years ago

I wouldn't prune the wrinkled leaves. The plant will drop them if it needs to.

• sjetski
    10 years ago

tsheets is right, do not prune wrinkly leaves unless they have an obvious infection, or are tattered to bits.

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

I agreed with TSheet and Sjetski. I did prune the damaged leaves that's not helping to the plants.

Caelian

Sponsored