Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepperguy222

Tornado in my area so....

PepperGuy222
10 years ago

If my peppers make it ill be shocked. Everyone who frequents this site knows I post alot about my peppers and love them but looking outside...there's no way...I'll keep everyone updated... Blahhhhh

Comments (6)

• rockguy
    10 years ago

All you can do is try to protect them in some kind of closet or bathroom if they're in containers. If not, maybe dig up a few prized ones and heel them in, in a large tub etc until it blows over. Take some cuttings too. A lot of cuttings could fit in a small space. GOOD LUCK!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

I had tornados in my area last Tuesday. I left mine out, they are in pots and they did fine. As long as you are out of any tornado path they will do fine. They can take a beating and keep on growing. Good luck and be safe.

They are calling for severe storms today in my area MD, my plants will just have to ride it out again.

Mark

• PepperGuy222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So.....we had 75 mph winds last night for 2 hr straight with gusts at 85-90....all my plants took a beating but survived...these things are so resilient....the only ones beat up are the tall yatzi plant and tall charleston. They have huge leaves and some got ripped off but other than that they look fine. Thank god none of my Naga Vipers were even harmed one bit...

By the way, thanks for letting me vent a little on here, glad to know everyone looks out for each other haha

• sunnibel7 Md 7
    10 years ago

Mark, you must not be too far from me! I think we must not be having a drought this year, eh? My peppers in the garden are looking peaky, too much water for their taste. They'll just have to ride it out.

Pepperguy, glad to hear your plants made it ok!

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

PepperGuy222, glad they pulled through and were minimally damaged good healthy plants to withstand that kind of wind.

Hi sunnibel7 Yeah I am in Harford co. But its raining across the whole state. Glad I have them in pots with well draining soil. Let me know how yours in the ground do after this mess passes. I think I watered my plants four times since mid April no drought for sure lol.

Mark

This post was edited by habjolokia on Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 10:42

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Yep. Happy you made it through. And your plants!

Perhaps you can build a small storm shelter for them -- YOU can have the bathtub. ;P

Kevin

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure