Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peppernovice

Pod update 6/30/13

peppernovice
10 years ago

Here are some pics of pod production so far. I have a couple that are really producing. I'll start with a pic of my bhut jolokia. It has about 3 or 4 pods. Here's a pic of one.

Tim

Comments (29)

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a pic of my T. S. Moruga Blend.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

7 pot brain strain.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Red Fatali.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yellow Devil's Tongue.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yellow Fatali.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tobago Sweet.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aji Crystal.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chinese 5 color.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dragon's Claw.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Orange Habanero.

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Douglah. There are a few more, but that's enough for now. Hope to see updates from you guys soon. Good Luck!

Tim

• tsheets
    10 years ago

You're loaded with great looking pods. Though, many don't really look like the varieties you named, they still look happy.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    10 years ago

Those are some great looking plants/pods. Quite a bit of heat there too. Will the colors on the 5 color change? I am guessing they don't go straight to red from purple????
    Bruce

• Djole
    10 years ago

Good job Tim, very nice peppers indeed.

Good luck!
    Djole

• chilliwin
    10 years ago

Tim, you are no more "peppernovice" but one of the best growers here :-)

Thanks for sharing.

Caelian

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tsheets....Which pods are you referring to?

Bruce...They have 4 distinct colors, and a phase where they are light(almost white) colored.

Djole...Thanks for your kind words.

Caelian.... I've seen your plants. I believe you still have me beat. It's obvious your a talented grower.

Tim

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Really taking off there, Tim!

Now the WAIT for harvest.

Kevin

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kevin......That's the hard part. I catch myself just looking at the plants. It's almost as if I think I can will them to ripen. So far, it hasn't worked. :)

Tim

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Tim, nice pods you got going there. I like that Bhut, nice to see a true Bhut pod. Last year I grew the yellow Fatalii it's one of my favorites let me know what you think. Also the Dragon claw let me know your opinion, I have seeds not sure if I want to grow or not.

Great job on all your plants all looking great.

Mark

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mark... I grew the Dragon's Claw last year. It's a really nice pod with good heat. I would compare it to a jalapeno level of heat. My wife really liked them last year, that's why I'm growing them again. I would suggest you give them a shot.
    I'm still trying to figure out which pods tsheets is talking about. The only one I was suspicious of was the red fatali. It doesn't look as elongated as I think it should, but I've never grown it before. I also got it from a different source. Almost all of my seeds came from members here, and align with pictures I've looked up on various sites. Just not sure why he'd say "Though, many don't really look like the varieties you named." Hopefully he'll jump back on and let me know. I don't want to inaccurately label a pod and save seeds under false pretenses.

Tim

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Tim, the only two that I would question after reviewing, would be the Fatalii Red and Brain Strain. The Brain seems too elongated. Here is a pic of a Brain I grew last season. Other than that I am not sure.

I hope tsheets comments on which ones the thought were not true.

Mark

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I believe the brain strain came from Jamie (Romy 6) so I feel pretty good about that one. I know it was op so there is always the possibility of cross pollination, but I think it's true. Here's another shot a little closer. I agree though, the red fatali does look suspect.

Tim

• habjolokia z 6b/7
    10 years ago

Tim, that pod is spot on, your first pic maybe just that pod featured is an odd ball. I too got my seeds from Jamie. He has two strains of Brain strain. All the rest look good to me. Thanks for the pic that cleared it up.

Mark

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good to know! Thanks for the feed back.

Tim

• Armageddon
    10 years ago

your pods are looking great looks like your plants are a bit farther then mine but i am working on few new experiment things to boost the growth of mine as long as the weather will work with me .

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

...Thanks Armageddon. My garden is tiny compared to the scale at which you work. It's a lot easier to care for 100 plants instead of a couple thousand. I know by the end of the year your plants will rival anyone's here.

Tim

• romy6
    10 years ago

Tim they all look good( great ) to me. With the brainstrain you will see lots of variation in pods. Some have tails some do not. Just like any scorp or 7 that has a tail. Many factors go into formation of the pods. Some are super bumpy some are not. You my friend ( as I have said too many times) are not a novice
    P.S.
    . I am saving some reaper seeds for ya. I think I lost your addy?

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Howdy, fellas!
    Wonderful healthy plants, Tim.
    The pods labeled orange hab seem awfully bumpy.

Josh

• peppernovice
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jamie. I'll shot you an e-mail in a few. If you have extra madballz's choc bhut X yellow 7 seeds, I'd love some of them as well. Let me know when you try another pod off that 7 pot cross we got from Bill. The pods I had last year were insanely hot.

Josh....That's a huge compliment coming from you. The orange habanero seeds were saved from my plant last year. The original seeds came from a store bought pod. It's possible that they cross pollinated. All of my seeds are op. I'll keep an eye on them and update you guys when they start changing colors.

Tim