Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brownthumbmike

Issue with Top leaves on Tepin and Bannana Pepper Plants

brownthumbmike
9 years ago

I�m having an issue with two of my pepper plants this year. It looks like the top leaves on these plants are shrunken and crispy. They are not dried out but are hard to the touch and significantly smaller than the older healthy leaves. There is new growth starting up but I cant tell if it will have the same issues as the described leaves.
Both of these plants were are in the same raised bed along with other peppers and veggies. These two plants are the only ones with this issue. They are about 3 feet apart with another pepper plant between them.
Im a total novice with the whole gardening thing. This is my second year growing and first time starting everything from seed indoors. All the peppers were hardened off properly and these two plants were growing well until the issue described above started.
Have any pepper pros seen anything like this before? Could it be a nutrient issue/ pesticide contamination/ etc� We had a carpenter bee issue on the deck and had to spray the little buggers out. I wonder if some misted down onto these plants. Nothing else next to them is affected though so???
Should I crop these leaves off or let nature take care of them?
I have included pics of the two plants in question and a healthy Birds Eye I have in another location for comparison.
Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This post was edited by BrownThumbMike on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 10:42

Comments (2)

Sponsored