Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peach Ghost Pepper

Posted by MorugaMan 4 (mrhaglund21@gmail.com) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 11:21

I am curious to know if anybody has had any experience growing the peach ghost pepper. I have a few started and I noticed that they all have a light green color and the leaves are wrinkly on the outsides. They look like they need better health or maybe that's just how they grow and look. Not sure and was wondering if anybody else noticed this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peach Ghost Pepper

I'm growing two Peach Bhut Jolokia plants this year....and they are the runts of the litter. Not genetically vigorous, as far as I can tell.

Josh

o

A comparison pic:
the Peach Bhut Jolokia is in the middle, between a Red Bhut Jolokia (right) and a Carolina Reaper (left).

Josh

o

My Peach Bhut is bringing up the rear for my chinense group this year as well. It's doing OK but just not large as others. Here my comparison shot (Reaper on the left).

Note: my plants are a little yellow but the lighting (under a tan canopy) makes them look a lot worse... shot just for size comparison.

Josh, is your putting out buds like crazy? Quite frankly, I got tired of pinching them off and just the plant do its thing. I'm going to pinch off the flowers this afternoon and bag a branch to collect seeds from.

Bill

o

Bill, wow, yours are flowering much more than mine!
The flower buds are just starting to appear....let me head out to the garden to get a pic.

Josh

o

Yeah, my Ghost is starting to flower like crazy and is still a semi-juvenile plant.

Stoney

o

Stoney,
how does the growth of your Peach Bhut compare to the others?

Bill, only the smallest of buds on mine....
my Peach Bhut's got a later start than the others by about two weeks, unfortunately.

o

Looking very healthy Josh!

I'm sure you'll catch up shortly.

o

It's just a normal Bhut Josh, not a peach.
Looks like Bill's (flowerwise) but a little taller.

Oh yeah, that's a healthy looking plant Josh..it will be there soon ;-)

Stoney

o

My Red Bhut Jolokias are much more developed and producing full-sized flowers....which they promptly drop ;-) It's just the Peach Bhut's that are lagging behind all the others.

Josh

o

My Fatali is dropping flowers too. I don't know, hopefully it kicks in soon.

Stoney

o

Anybody grown the Jays peach? Do you think it grows slower or faster than the regular version?

o

I'm thinking of trying the Jays peach next season.
I hear the heat is pretty brutal.

Stoney

o

I'm growing the peach ghost scorpion right now and it grows very similar to the peach ghost. Both look the same. Can't wait for pods!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here