Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trinidad scorpion

Posted by scottesc79 california (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 11:58

My month old trinidad scorpion leaves have criinkles in them, some have them some dont im growing 17 this year. out of 17 like 5 of the plants have crinkled leaves. Been sprayed for bugs, mites etc. Anybody had this before?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trinidad scorpion

They need bigger pots. Also are you watering daily? If so that's probably an additional cause.

o

They were just upsized to a 4" from the seed starter trays. Thank I'll try a bigger container and then I can water less. Thanks.

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 11:11

At this point, you would probably be better off putting them in their summer homes (Garden or large container) Putting them in another intermediate size container will just risk them to another round of transplant shock. They are big enough for regular containers now.
Bruce

o

They don't like allot of water I go up to 10 days between watering

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 11:23

holy crap, that scorp looks like it is the size of a small orange.
Bruce

o

The new growth looks great. The originals are crinkled.

o

@prehensile where do u live? Here its 85-90 degrees everyday low humidity.

o

calcium calcuim calcuim. slow down on the water and up pot it.

o

10 days between watering is pretty broad advice, it depends a lot on your soil. Wait till it dries out, then water. Also you can wait till the leaves start to wither, I did that to my habs and they turned out great.

o

For calcium would u use bone meal?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here