Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post-a-pic of your best pepper plant

Posted by MorugaMan 4 (mrhaglund21@gmail.com) on
Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 12:55

Hey guys I just wanted to start another post that everyone can join in on and show each other their best pepper plant with a picture. I'm curious to see how everyone is doing this year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post-a-pic of your best pepper plant

This is my Ghost X White Bullet Hab. The best plant so far.

Mark

o

Here's my Yellow Brain Strain....

Josh

o

Wow I love how the ghost hab is creating a widespread top. Looks great. Also that brainstrain looks very healthy. I'd imagine that thing is going to get very big from pictures I have seen from that variety

o

mine are all together hard to tell where one plant ends / begins, i think brazilian starfish is the tallest, all the others are doing great too

o

Okgrowin- they all look healthy and ready to take off. What is it that you have wrapped or planted your peppers in?

o

Moruga,
apparently the seeds of the Yellow Brain came from a 6-foot monster plant.

Here's my next best....classic Red Bhut Jolokia, in a small container - right around 1-gallon. I'm using the drip-tray in semi-hydro fashion. With this set-up, I had my largest and most productive plant last year. I'm wondering if the Bhut Jolokia will respond the same as last year's variety (Bonda ma Jacques).

Josh

o

My over wintered "yellow pequin" in 5 gallon vinyl bags. The plant is about 5-5 to 6ft tall and producing many in last years 5-1-1 mix.

o

I really like my Ghost. Deep green with lots of flowers.

photo 20140630_124932_zpsxjsotqbs.jpg

Stoney

o

viagrow 5 gallon grow bags, they were cheapest 5 gal containers i could find.

o

@OKgrowin

I love these bags! My photo above shows the pequins and the the next photo are a Charapita (yellow fire) and two cayenes that sparked realy quick after over wintering indoors with 5-1-1.

o

My tallest is in the the middle it is a brain strain 45 inches tall from the soil level.

o

This pic is of three different plants the one on the right is a little shorter than my second place brain strain but it is def putting out more pods than any of my plants. It is a bhut I think yellow.

o

I can't get them all in one picture but these are most of my baby's

o

For me: older producer (going on 3 years) Goatweed

o

Newer producer so far; loaded with produce (Red Mushroom)

o

Take your pick

o

2 Chocolate Moruga Scorpions

o

Peach Butts,Black Nagas, Chocolate Moruga,Butch T

o

Great looking peppers guys. Keep up the good work. PepperDave- are you using sand as your medium?

o

In containers its 5-1-1, in the field the soil is sandy but has plenty of organic matter. Always had good luck in the soil here

o

Nice Chocolate Morugas Dave! About as big as my Moruga right now.

Stoney

o

That's exactly how my Douglah looks. Big ol fat leaves.

Very nice garden there Dave.

o

• Posted by jutsFL 9b (Orlando) (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 19:23

Here is my best reaper thus far, I've had two pulls from it with about 50-60 ripe pods, this flush is looking to be the best yet with around 100 green pods on it right now :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then I have the red savina plants, I have 3 now... Had 4, but one got chopped in half by the FL weather. These things are CRAZY producers, and honestly I can't keep up with them. Each plant puts off WELL above 100 pods ... I just can't pick that many off the three remaining plants in conjunction with all my other plants! Next year I will have only ONE of these, as it will be waaaay more than enough.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jay

o

Jay, I'm jealous :-)

Stoney

o

Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 20:57

Stoney, if you would like some of the seeds from these crazy savina's just let me know.

Jay

o

That would be awesome! I'll drop U an email. Actually, drop me one. Info on "my page".

Stoney

This post was edited by stoneys_fatali on Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 21:10

o

Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 22:37

Sent

o

Replied :)

Stoney

o

Holy **** Jay, those are AWESOME.

I am so envyous. I have those growing too but no pods yet.
I can only hope they produce that much.

You really have the magic touch. :)

Ron

o

Jay those plants are unbelievable! How old are they?

o

Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 3:44

Exactly 6 months old. I put the seeds in soil on Jan 2nd.

Jay

o

Cheater! I don't know how but you cheated lol jk. Those plants are amazing! I thought they were like five years old. Great work I think you won.

o

Jay- would you possibly be able to send me a few seeds as well? Send mean email. Thanks!

o

Now that I look at my peppers I'm sort of embarrassed haha. Here is my tallest of the bunch. I think it's in the Bishop Crowns DNA to grow tall fast. Started seed mid january

o

Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 9:13

Email sent Morugaman.

...and no cheating here Scott :D
Just lots of miracle grow - LOTS! With 16 plants, and a full serving for each one every week, at six months... Well, you do the math. I'm pretty sure I should buy some stock at this point!

Jay

o

I can post a picture . But I don't guarantee it to be of any interest. haha.

This is my Manzano

o

Beautiful plant!

Stoney

o

It's not my tallest plant (poblanos are), or my most prolific (tobasco), but it's my favorite overall for growth and type of pepper - habanero.

Ten weeks ago it was a small 3x3 starter plant and now it's a nice bush with 100+ pods and still flowering...

photo hab1.jpg

photo hab2.jpg

o

Jay,
I would be intrested in a few Red Savina seeds if possible. I can send you a SASE if needed.

Thanks
Lexx

o

Jay, puttin' us all to shame....! ;-)

Josh

o

I think my chocolate scorpion is one of the brutes of my garden

o

There is also the Choco ghost next too it though, few inches taller but not as many pods

o

Y'all talk about 100 pods per plant lol. I thought mine are going crazy with 30 ish lol
Trinidads in the forefront, also bhut, reapers and habanero. All producing lots of pods except the reapers.

o

• Posted by fred_d SW GALXESTON (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 4, 14 at 21:45

This is my best plant.I have no idea what it is.It is not what the label says.Does anyone know what this is.?

o

Here is a shot of one of my Maruga Scorpions. It was started in September last year. Grew it in my office over the winter and got it in the dirt in the beginning of May.

o

A shot of some pods. There must be 60 or 70 on it now.

o

And here is a shot of my small the rest at this location. Working left to right from the front as near as I can remember: St Peter, Maruga Scorpion, Red Ghost, 7 Pod Doughlah, Chocolate Hab. From here it get dicey. There is a Brown Scorpion, Naga Morich, 7 Pod Brain Strain, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, Scotch Bonnet, another Chocolate Hab, Aji Limon, and a Big Sun Hab. There are a couple more but Ill have to consult my map for that.

I have another area with about 70 plants and what ammounts to a corn field with about 250 more.

o

• Posted by salevene Medellín, Colombia (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 14:12

This is my Scotch Bonnet that I had to repot about 4 months back. I already have my first harvest and the flowers are starting to grow for the 2nd... should be harvesting mid-August, I'd guess.

photo 6e8f22d54e815d8c928800d6b90a4d71.jpg

o

Chinese five color

o

Aili,
Beautiful Chinese 5 color. I have couple of them too. But mine are smaller and have just started flowering. I like the color of flowers too.

o

Three Ghosts and one tree habanero. These are just for overwintering this year. Surprised at the production.

o

My Car Red Hab. Finally beginning to ripen.

o

Wow Jay, those savina are so beautiful. I've never seen those. I wonder where I could find those.

o

Not much to show off compared to others here but I'm loving the way my ghost reaper and butch t are looking right now. They are my biggest and fullest so far. I have another 23 plants that are about 2/3s the size of these but they are all loaded with flowers hoping to see pods soon.
Rey....

o

I'm embarrassed, late start here. My overwintered bihs and Douglahs looked great the beginning of the year but now are tall and scraggly and really need to be repotted and fertilized. My purple serrano that I cut back is still spindly (always was) but has its first pod (still in pot but now on porch, need to go larger).

I put 16 more sweet (non-bell) peppers in the tunnel today, had 80 planted in west bed last month and today saw 1 flower on Aji Limon and flower bud on Hinkelhatz. The rest aren't far behind. These were started from seed March 16 and transplanted mid-June (I made a note sweet peppers went in on June 18, hots were before then but didn't write down, probably a day or 2 before).

o

Jay, I'm also interested in some red savina seeds! What can I do to get some? Too many peppers to try but here goes for more lol

o

My chocolate habs

o

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 22:57

Lot of good looking plants! I figured better late than never. It wasn't easy to choose which one to show, a bhut jolokia looks way healthier but I started these habanero (pictured below) from seed so they are the best to me.

photo ResizedImage_1404960276423_zps1ed29e9b.jpg

The one closest has outgrown everything except an Anaheim which you can barely see in the foreground, furthest one away is actually two Habs (the twins)

cheers!
dj

o

My Pimenta Lisa is my nicest looking plant

photo IMG_5447_zpsfd428889.jpg

My 7 pot Lava is my largest . Around 10 feet

photo IMG_5448_zps9c243061.jpg

o

First time with superhots and posting a pic. Chocolate Bhut.

o

Over 60 Ghost Peppers so far this year!

o

edit

This post was edited by northeast_chileman on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 19:42

o

• Posted by Orekoc 7 Willamette Valley (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 2:54

OMG!!!!!!

I will never post pictures of my future plants after seeing this thread. They will never compare to these.

OMG!!! You all are master growers. I bow to your skills.

o

Oreckoc, I feel what you mean. My plant now look like most of theirs in June. hahaha. Anyway, my best plants are mid ones : Like Pepperoncini, Shishito, sangria, Jalapeno, HHW. Habs just starting to bud.

I will post some pictures tomorrow just for the heck of it.

o

Jay - awesome reaper. Any chance you need any ghosts, peach ghosts, 7 pots/7 pot chocolates in exchange for some reaper seeds?

I tried buying reaper seeds but none of them would germinate. By the way, I'm in Orlando too.

Thanks, and awesome pics all!

This post was edited by usatc on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 6:06

o

These pepper plant pictures are true amazing and no shortage of peppers on them neither. Those seeds from those peppers are worth keeping.Keep up the good work guys.

o

Hey Northeast Chileman,
Why did you repost my photo of my ghost pepper plant on August 7, 2014?! All you did was flip the photo upside down and posted it as your own. If you liked the photo you should have just said so and not try to take credit for someone else's plant!
~Onenonlyjules

o

I could not decide betweent he Yellow Pequin or the Charapita, but the Charapita is doing great that was overwintered.

The tastes is also great and the heat is pretty decent. I use it mainly for cooking. I will probably make some kind of hot sauce and pickle some..

o

Hey Northeast Chileman,
Why did you repost my photo of my ghost pepper plant on August 7, 2014?! All you did was flip the photo upside down and posted it as your own. If you liked the photo you should have just said so and not try to take credit for someone else's plant!
~Onenonlyjules

OK, I'll put it back the way it was.

Try this link to post your pics properly.

Here is a link that might be useful: How To Post Pics At GardenWeb

This post was edited by northeast_chileman on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 9:14

o

My first attempt at growing hot peppers, seeds said ghost peppers but pods look more like Trinidad scorpion ???

o

Northeast_chileman...wow! You really shouldn't take credit for other people's Ghost Pepper plants.
You definitely suffer from Ghost Pepper Envy and most likely have a teeny weenie Ghost Pepper yourself!

o

Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 1:33

@Jay - Will you be offering seeds from the red savina in the trades this fall? That is some plant.

@onenonlyjules1234 - Ummm, I sure didn't think he was taking credit for you picture or your plant. The picture shows up sideways and he simply flipped it 90 degrees so the orientation of the plant was vertical instead of horizontal. It sure made it easier for me, which is what I thought he was doing.

o

Yeah onenonlyjules1234, get a grip. The guy was doing you a favor. Learn how to properly post photos so others won't feel the need to correct your mistakes.

PS Here's a link to the Test forum, a place where you can practice posting photos until you get it right...

Here is a link that might be useful: Test Forum

This post was edited by mecdave on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 7:47

o

Here's an update on the habanero plant I posted earlier. Over the past few weeks I've picked about 40 pods from it. Right after this photo I picked another 60. There are still at least 50 pods on it and it's still flowering!

photo hab3.jpg

o

Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 13:01

@mecdave - Wow, that is a very nice plant. You are doing something right.

o

Hey mecdave...my photo was posted correctly in the first place. Northeast_chileman posted my photo upside down.

o

Actually no it's not. It's rotated 90 degrees left. NEChiliman rotated it 90 degrees right to make it upright.

I assume you're on Windows 8 or posting with a mobile phone? For whatever reason the photo viewing is skewered compared to every other operating system in the universe. What looks normal to you is actually wrong for everyone else.

Upload your photos to an online image hosting service like Photobucket to solve the problem.

PS You owe NEChiliman an apology.

This post was edited by mecdave on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 14:27

o

"@mecdave - Wow, that is a very nice plant. You are doing something right."

Thank you Orekoc. I owe it all to Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix, Jobe's Tomato Tome Organic fertilizer (at budding time), Smokemasters Witches brew, and just plain ol' good genetics, I guess. ;)

o

This is what I see at the forum with WIN_8.1:

When uploaded from PhotoBucket..

NECM

o

Windows 7 here. Image rotated 90 degrees left.

Is it upside down to you NECM?

It looked rightside up after your correction at the top of this thread. (before you edited it away)

This post was edited by mecdave on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 15:14

o

All pic posts display correctly on my iPhone running Safari under IOS 7. Pics posted on either laptop running WIN8.1 PRO or WIN7 PRO with Google Chrome, FireFox or Explorer have this issue, usually rotated left or right 90°.

In reading through the help page I think it may have to do with size (Yea, I know, size does/doesn't matter depending on your point of view!) as I've experimented with pic total KB & Pixel count, it does make a difference.

NECM

o

Nice plants. I alike them all, especially Mr. Beno's yellow pequin. That is awesome.

o

Amazing pictures everyone. I'm glad everyone is having such a great season. It's always fun to share some of your success and motivate others. Keep up the good work chiliheads!

o

Just a pic of a beautiful Scotch Bonnet I am about to harvest (also taking advantage to play with the new camera).

photo SBonnetUpClose.jpg

o

photo 3D3Dbump2.gif Anybody have end of season pix to share?

o

My Red Monkey is finishing up its final run. About 10 pods left to change. It is a good producer. Yellow Monkey not as well.

Also have Aleppo, Green Scorpions, Red Mushrooms, some type of hybrid choc/lantern cross, and a few others waiting to change. All in the green house.

o

Some of the final pods to be harvested....still ripening on the larger of my two Red Bhut Jolokia plants. Grew to a decent size, produced late. Nice to have fresh Ghosts in November :-)

Josh

o

Hello,

Here is my almost 3 years old Thai pepper.

o

OK , i know.
a feeble attempt.
compared to the others, this is anorexic,
but...
it has an excuse...

It is planted in the ground, and temps hit 27F the other night.

all my other peppers look pretty bad
a few died, like they do every winter.
This one is still flowering and growing fruit

does anyone know what this is ?
Serrano maybe ?
ive been looking for a pepper i can over-winter
by just leaving in the ground and adding a bit of mulch...

as you can probably tell, im not a pro - pepper grower
i grow more tropical fruits etc...
i do like having my peppers every year though

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here