Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stupidhotpeppers

Post-a-pic of your best pepper plant

StupidHotPeppers
9 years ago

Hey guys I just wanted to start another post that everyone can join in on and show each other their best pepper plant with a picture. I'm curious to see how everyone is doing this year!

Comments (89)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Jay, puttin' us all to shame....! ;-)

Josh

• pepperchuck
    9 years ago

I think my chocolate scorpion is one of the brutes of my garden

• pepperchuck
    9 years ago

There is also the Choco ghost next too it though, few inches taller but not as many pods

• Sam_thepepperman
    9 years ago

Y'all talk about 100 pods per plant lol. I thought mine are going crazy with 30 ish lol
    Trinidads in the forefront, also bhut, reapers and habanero. All producing lots of pods except the reapers.

• fred_d
    9 years ago

This is my best plant.I have no idea what it is.It is not what the label says.Does anyone know what this is.?

• peppers_galore
    9 years ago

Here is a shot of one of my Maruga Scorpions. It was started in September last year. Grew it in my office over the winter and got it in the dirt in the beginning of May.

• peppers_galore
    9 years ago

A shot of some pods. There must be 60 or 70 on it now.

• peppers_galore
    9 years ago

And here is a shot of my small the rest at this location. Working left to right from the front as near as I can remember: St Peter, Maruga Scorpion, Red Ghost, 7 Pod Doughlah, Chocolate Hab. From here it get dicey. There is a Brown Scorpion, Naga Morich, 7 Pod Brain Strain, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, Scotch Bonnet, another Chocolate Hab, Aji Limon, and a Big Sun Hab. There are a couple more but Ill have to consult my map for that.

I have another area with about 70 plants and what ammounts to a corn field with about 250 more.

• salevene
    9 years ago

This is my Scotch Bonnet that I had to repot about 4 months back. I already have my first harvest and the flowers are starting to grow for the 2nd... should be harvesting mid-August, I'd guess.

• AiliDeSpain
    9 years ago

Chinese five color

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Aili,
    Beautiful Chinese 5 color. I have couple of them too. But mine are smaller and have just started flowering. I like the color of flowers too.

• tomt226
    9 years ago

Three Ghosts and one tree habanero. These are just for overwintering this year. Surprised at the production.

• ozzy2001
    9 years ago

My Car Red Hab. Finally beginning to ripen.

• greenthumbagc
    9 years ago

Wow Jay, those savina are so beautiful. I've never seen those. I wonder where I could find those.

• flipback23
    9 years ago

Not much to show off compared to others here but I'm loving the way my ghost reaper and butch t are looking right now. They are my biggest and fullest so far. I have another 23 plants that are about 2/3s the size of these but they are all loaded with flowers hoping to see pods soon.
    Rey....

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

I'm embarrassed, late start here. My overwintered bihs and Douglahs looked great the beginning of the year but now are tall and scraggly and really need to be repotted and fertilized. My purple serrano that I cut back is still spindly (always was) but has its first pod (still in pot but now on porch, need to go larger).

I put 16 more sweet (non-bell) peppers in the tunnel today, had 80 planted in west bed last month and today saw 1 flower on Aji Limon and flower bud on Hinkelhatz. The rest aren't far behind. These were started from seed March 16 and transplanted mid-June (I made a note sweet peppers went in on June 18, hots were before then but didn't write down, probably a day or 2 before).

• Sam_thepepperman
    9 years ago

Jay, I'm also interested in some red savina seeds! What can I do to get some? Too many peppers to try but here goes for more lol

• densiemill Miller
    9 years ago

My chocolate habs

• djoyofficial
    9 years ago

Lot of good looking plants! I figured better late than never. It wasn't easy to choose which one to show, a bhut jolokia looks way healthier but I started these habanero (pictured below) from seed so they are the best to me.

The one closest has outgrown everything except an Anaheim which you can barely see in the foreground, furthest one away is actually two Habs (the twins)

cheers!
    dj

• romy6
    9 years ago

My Pimenta Lisa is my nicest looking plant

My 7 pot Lava is my largest . Around 10 feet

• gardendrivenlife
    9 years ago

First time with superhots and posting a pic. Chocolate Bhut.

• onenonlyjules1234
    9 years ago

Over 60 Ghost Peppers so far this year!

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

edit

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by northeast_chileman on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 19:42

• Orekoc
    9 years ago

OMG!!!!!!

I will never post pictures of my future plants after seeing this thread. They will never compare to these.

OMG!!! You all are master growers. I bow to your skills.

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Oreckoc, I feel what you mean. My plant now look like most of theirs in June. hahaha. Anyway, my best plants are mid ones : Like Pepperoncini, Shishito, sangria, Jalapeno, HHW. Habs just starting to bud.

I will post some pictures tomorrow just for the heck of it.

• usatc
    9 years ago

Jay - awesome reaper. Any chance you need any ghosts, peach ghosts, 7 pots/7 pot chocolates in exchange for some reaper seeds?

I tried buying reaper seeds but none of them would germinate. By the way, I'm in Orlando too.

Thanks, and awesome pics all!

This post was edited by usatc on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 6:06

• scorion1
    9 years ago

These pepper plant pictures are true amazing and no shortage of peppers on them neither. Those seeds from those peppers are worth keeping.Keep up the good work guys.

• onenonlyjules1234
    9 years ago

Hey Northeast Chileman,
    Why did you repost my photo of my ghost pepper plant on August 7, 2014?! All you did was flip the photo upside down and posted it as your own. If you liked the photo you should have just said so and not try to take credit for someone else's plant!
    ~Onenonlyjules

• thebutcher
    9 years ago

I could not decide betweent he Yellow Pequin or the Charapita, but the Charapita is doing great that was overwintered.

The tastes is also great and the heat is pretty decent. I use it mainly for cooking. I will probably make some kind of hot sauce and pickle some..

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

Hey Northeast Chileman,
    Why did you repost my photo of my ghost pepper plant on August 7, 2014?! All you did was flip the photo upside down and posted it as your own. If you liked the photo you should have just said so and not try to take credit for someone else's plant!
    ~Onenonlyjules

OK, I'll put it back the way it was.

Try this link to post your pics properly.

Here is a link that might be useful: How To Post Pics At GardenWeb

This post was edited by northeast_chileman on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 9:14

• patstb1
    9 years ago

My first attempt at growing hot peppers, seeds said ghost peppers but pods look more like Trinidad scorpion ???

• onenonlyjules1234
    9 years ago

Northeast_chileman...wow! You really shouldn't take credit for other people's Ghost Pepper plants.
    You definitely suffer from Ghost Pepper Envy and most likely have a teeny weenie Ghost Pepper yourself!

• Orekoc
    9 years ago

@Jay - Will you be offering seeds from the red savina in the trades this fall? That is some plant.

@onenonlyjules1234 - Ummm, I sure didn't think he was taking credit for you picture or your plant. The picture shows up sideways and he simply flipped it 90 degrees so the orientation of the plant was vertical instead of horizontal. It sure made it easier for me, which is what I thought he was doing.

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

Yeah onenonlyjules1234, get a grip. The guy was doing you a favor. Learn how to properly post photos so others won't feel the need to correct your mistakes.

PS Here's a link to the Test forum, a place where you can practice posting photos until you get it right...

Here is a link that might be useful: Test Forum

This post was edited by mecdave on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 7:47

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

Here's an update on the habanero plant I posted earlier. Over the past few weeks I've picked about 40 pods from it. Right after this photo I picked another 60. There are still at least 50 pods on it and it's still flowering!

• Orekoc
    9 years ago

@mecdave - Wow, that is a very nice plant. You are doing something right.

• onenonlyjules1234
    9 years ago

Hey mecdave...my photo was posted correctly in the first place. Northeast_chileman posted my photo upside down.

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

Actually no it's not. It's rotated 90 degrees left. NEChiliman rotated it 90 degrees right to make it upright.

I assume you're on Windows 8 or posting with a mobile phone? For whatever reason the photo viewing is skewered compared to every other operating system in the universe. What looks normal to you is actually wrong for everyone else.

Upload your photos to an online image hosting service like Photobucket to solve the problem.

PS You owe NEChiliman an apology.

This post was edited by mecdave on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 14:27

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

"@mecdave - Wow, that is a very nice plant. You are doing something right."

Thank you Orekoc. I owe it all to Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix, Jobe's Tomato Tome Organic fertilizer (at budding time), Smokemasters Witches brew, and just plain ol' good genetics, I guess. ;)

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

This is what I see at the forum with WIN_8.1:

When uploaded from PhotoBucket..

NECM

• Mecdave Zone 8/HZ 9
    9 years ago

Windows 7 here. Image rotated 90 degrees left.

Is it upside down to you NECM?

It looked rightside up after your correction at the top of this thread. (before you edited it away)

This post was edited by mecdave on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 15:14

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

All pic posts display correctly on my iPhone running Safari under IOS 7. Pics posted on either laptop running WIN8.1 PRO or WIN7 PRO with Google Chrome, FireFox or Explorer have this issue, usually rotated left or right 90ð.

In reading through the help page I think it may have to do with size (Yea, I know, size does/doesn't matter depending on your point of view!) as I've experimented with pic total KB & Pixel count, it does make a difference.

NECM

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Nice plants. I alike them all, especially Mr. Beno's yellow pequin. That is awesome.

• StupidHotPeppers
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Amazing pictures everyone. I'm glad everyone is having such a great season. It's always fun to share some of your success and motivate others. Keep up the good work chiliheads!

• salevene
    9 years ago

Just a pic of a beautiful Scotch Bonnet I am about to harvest (also taking advantage to play with the new camera).

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

Anybody have end of season pix to share?

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

My Red Monkey is finishing up its final run. About 10 pods left to change. It is a good producer. Yellow Monkey not as well.

Also have Aleppo, Green Scorpions, Red Mushrooms, some type of hybrid choc/lantern cross, and a few others waiting to change. All in the green house.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Some of the final pods to be harvested....still ripening on the larger of my two Red Bhut Jolokia plants. Grew to a decent size, produced late. Nice to have fresh Ghosts in November :-)

Josh

• westernbluebird
    9 years ago

Hello,

Here is my almost 3 years old Thai pepper.

• greenman62
    9 years ago

OK , i know.
    a feeble attempt.
    compared to the others, this is anorexic,
    but...
    it has an excuse...

It is planted in the ground, and temps hit 27F the other night.

all my other peppers look pretty bad
    a few died, like they do every winter.
    This one is still flowering and growing fruit

does anyone know what this is ?
    Serrano maybe ?
    ive been looking for a pepper i can over-winter
    by just leaving in the ground and adding a bit of mulch...

as you can probably tell, im not a pro - pepper grower
    i grow more tropical fruits etc...
    i do like having my peppers every year though

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz