Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper disease ID help needed

Posted by joe081484 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 13:53

I think the issue started with 3 bell pepper plants which I've pulled those already but I'm seeing this spread to leaves on almost all pepper plants in the pepper bed. About 30-35 in total.

Starts with small spots on the plants getting larger and eventually they seem to yellow and fall off.

I'm thinking it's bacterial leaf spot but I could be wrong. I linked a photo below and can get some more later if this one isn't clear.

If it is bacterial leaf spot I guess I'll treat with copper fungicide and hope for the best.

Thanks for any replies

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F4EOAFfYl-EH3KKWta3RQNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper disease ID help needed

Have you noticed any insects on the plants? Real tiny ones usually under the leaves? Aphids are known to cause a black discoloration on the leaves because of the secretion residue. For the leaves to be affected this bad it would have to have gone untreated for awhile.

Other that that it could be what you are thinking is the cause. I just thought BLS was more of a brown and yellowing spots on the leaves and causes depressions on the leaves.

Do you have any pics of the whole plant not just the one leaf?

o

you are right it is a leaf spot.

o

I'm usually pretty good on watching for bugs, had some issues with my tomatoes but hand knocking off the bugs squashed any real damage, havent noticed anything other then some bettles at night on the peppers. I'll snap a shot of the whole plant later today. I did pick up the copper and a small sprayer and will try and hit the plants every 7 days and see how they do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here