Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frank1es

Left is a Naga Viper, Right is a Trinidad Scorpion pepper.

frank1es
11 years ago

And a marigold in the middle, for some reason my gf thinks this is important to have.

Comments (22)

• Edymnion
    11 years ago

Well, marigolds do have insect repellent properties.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Yah, they are supposed to repel pests. Snip that little sucker and your Karma will bless you with aphids and spider mites.

Bruce

• armac1965
    11 years ago

The leaves on your scorpion look odd for a scorpion. Where did you source the seed?

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

I agree, the leaves on the right most plant look off for a trinidad scropion. It will be a while until you can tell for sure though. I dont see any buds yet.
    Bruce

• armac1965
    11 years ago

Looks more like an anuum than a chinense.

• frank1es
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hmmm, that one is from...I can't remember, I have another one growing from Pepper joe it does look different.. There is a pepper forming on that one Ill get a picture up tomorrow, it doesn't look like a stinger but it's still small, thanks for the look.

• lao
    11 years ago

i have trinidad scorpion plants and mine look different from yours. The leaves should look similar to your naga viper. I have naga morich growing alongside the scorpion and there is very little difference in the leaf appearance.

• Edymnion
    11 years ago

Yup, my frankenpepper (where I'm growing bhut, butch T, and douglah together into one mutant super-pepper), if I didn't know which pepper I put where, I could not tell them apart just by looking at them. All three look identical.

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    11 years ago

Edymninion, how is the nose pepper doing? Is it catching up yet?

Bruce

• pearl_2010
    10 years ago

Okay so i ordered some trinidad scorpion peppers from amazon last year and decided to plant them this year and this is what came up in my garden and it is producing some peppers but they dont look like trinidad or naga

• pearl_2010
    10 years ago

Also to i thought i planted some trinidad and now im not to sure what plant this is?

• mctiggs
    10 years ago

Definitely the right looks like annum leaves to me. The left plant has the classic c.chinese leaves. I hope we're wrong, tho!

Pearl, it looks like you got a cayenne. The second plant looks identical to some tobacco plants I'm growing.

• Calcat36
    10 years ago

Last photo looks to be an eggplant. Got pics of the seeds?

• MCFDfirefighter
    9 years ago

First time pepper grower here.. I have 4 seedlings growing right now of the naga viper about 3 inches tall. I'm using miracle grow veg blend in a very sunny spot. I see growth every day plants are perky and seem happy.. but not sure what to do for flowering and also am i late in the season and how long till I should expect to harvest.. thank you

• seysonn
    9 years ago

I second: the plants in the last picture look like some kind of eggplant. Eggplant seeds look like pepper seeds.

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

MCFDfirefighter, welcome to the forum. Where you are in the growing season depends on where you are. Please put your location (especially heat zone) in your profile.

Yes you are late in the season and may not get a harvest this year, but peppers are perennial if the temps stay above 40F. You can over-winter them inside for a running start next year.

Not clear on how you are planting and fertilizing, but there is precious little that you can do to affect the natural cycle of flowering and fruiting.

Please tell us more, and pics are good.

Dennis

• MCFDfirefighter
    9 years ago

DMForcier I live in central California which is a semi arid desert really hot throughout summer without a harsh winter.. right now I just have them in miracle grow vegetable, don't have any fertilizer and don't know what to use

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

The leaves look a little yellow. Try a weak dose of Miracle Gro All Purpose fertilizer or the equivalent and repeat regularly. As the plant gets bigger you can go to a full dose. Keep out of the direct sun during the hottest part of the day when temps approach 100, if you can. It looks as though you are not overwatering, which is a good thing.

Dennis

• northeast_chileman
    9 years ago

Might I suggest?

Here is a link that might be useful: Chile pepper production in CA

• MCFDfirefighter
    9 years ago

Thanks for the help Dennis I will try that for sure. And I'll check out that link chileman. .

• DMForcier
    9 years ago

Oh, and looking at the picture again, it appears that you are using a catch tray under the pot. That is generally a no-no with outdoor containers because it helps the soil to retain a water table, which drowns the roots at that depth. (I do use one sometimes when I fertilize to hold the ferts long enough for the soil to soak it up.) Let the water flow through and drain as it will.

Good growing!
    Dennis

• MCFDfirefighter
    9 years ago

The fertilizer helped a lot green and vibrant now.. theyre on a flat outdoor table the water on the table is from where it drained. .I water enough till it drains out and leave it alone thanks for the help I gave a weak dose of fertilizer big difference

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH