Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
first harvest 2014

Posted by judo_and_peppers Tampa FL (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 14:55

so I did my first harvest today. lots of brain strains, 2 chocolate scorpions, and 1 yellow brain. lots and lots of unripe pods on the plants, I expect the next harvest to be ridiculous.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: first harvest 2014

it's gotten to the point where I can no longer show my entire garden in just one picture. it's gonna be a peppery year for me. I think I should be able to make a lot of hot sauce.

first year plants in buckets in the top pic, second year plants in buckets in the bottom.

o

Awesome!
You are lucky in Florida to have a more tropical environment..I think that really helps your production.
It's nice here in Cali but it's dry with almost no humitity.

Stoney

o

Nice harvest. I'm about two weeks away for peppers, gettin' some 'maters though...

o

• Posted by jutsFL 9b (Orlando) (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 21:13

Love that we're getting closer to the time when pods start coming for everyone - albeit a bit longer for those not in our FL conditions. And you have an amazing number of plants too Judo! All looking great as well.

Jay

o

I imagine your house will be sauce central very soon! It must be nice to live in a tropical climate. I hope to have ripe pods in another couple of weeks. You Florida guys always make it look so easy! :)

Tim

o

Doesn't look like enough for sauce yet... I think you should taste test them raw. ;)

Looking good Jason.

Kevin

o

Excellent!

Josh

o

I took a bite of that yellow brain strain on a dare. it wasn't nearly as hot as I expected it to be. then again that's because I had no idea what to expect. quite tasty though.

o

Lookin' good Judo !!

o

Nice, Judo.:) Here on Long Island I probably won't get pods until late July, early August

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 12:54

Obviously a hoax. It is simply too early for peppers to be ripe.
Seriously though, Judo, those are some great looking peppers and it makes me jealous. We are just entering our prime pepper growing season up here.
Bruce

o

Nice job, my superhots are just starting to flower. Cant wait for my own harvest. Great looking plants as well love how you pruned them up. They look like mini trees.
Rey...

o

Dang, already.....

I was hoping for a good amount of pods on my plants right now as there were many flowers on my plants when they were finally transplanted outside. But a few nights of heavy frost caused all of my plants to drop the flowers off from the stress. So hopefully they will rebound quickly...

Nice looking peppers...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here