Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
armageddon_gw

Armageddon's 2013 Grow Update Rain Rain Rain & more Rain ....

Armageddon
10 years ago

well have been battling about 3 weeks off and on with lots of rain and crappy weather ....... But still getting some stuff done
don't have any exact numbers just yet there are just so many plants under water from the rain i can't even see to count them .....had to pass out snorkels the picture below is 1 of my gardens sizing in at about 100ft long by 25 ft deep its all fully planted will try and add some updated photos soon will also have some photos of the other few gardens i will add in the next couple days .

Comments (35)

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Wow! Should've planted RICE instead, huh? Hope you recover Armageddon.

Kevin

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

I'll be keeping an eye on your updates. I know you like to throw something crazy into the mix, like a turkey pan full of bhut seeds. Hopefully this rain will clear out soon. We've had almost a week straight where we've gotten rain everyday. I was thinking about taking volunteers for building an ark. I'll keep you guys posted, going to need a lot of help gathering 2 of every animal!

Tim

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

small list of some plants we are growing this season

Peppers
    ------------
    Bhut
    Moruga Red & Yellow
    Butch T
    Brain Strain
    7 Pot Jonah
    Douglah
    7 pot yellow
    Tepin
    Tobasco
    Fatalli Red & Yellow
    Nu mex halloween
    Devils Tounge
    Jamacian hot pepper
    pequin
    Chocolate scorp
    yellow scorp
    peter pepper
    Grim Reaper
    Aji lemon
    peppadew
    bell
    also a couple random mini sweets

Others
    ------------
    Corn 5 types
    tomato's Lemon Boy,Black Seaman ,Beef steak
    Wonder woman, White Wonder, White Cherry,Better boy,
    and a couple others
    wonder beans
    3 types pumpkins
    5 types watermelons carolina cross ,sugar baby,crimson,and 2 others
    radish
    collards
    cucumbers
    lettuce
    onions
    potato's
    sweet potato s
    turnips cabbage broccoli
    Squash
    And i have missed a few things but thats close ...

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

So maybe around December you'll have time to take a breath? I hope those Reapers pan out, I'll be in the market for some seed trading. Keep us posted, I loved reading your updates last year. I always get a little jealous. I'd love to have half of the land you plant on.

Tim

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a photo of a smaller garden i have going this season it is a test area used to check growing speed & size of there root system i have a few extra projects i am working on this season with Breeding,Gafting & more

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a pic of a Reaper Cross he is just about to spread his wings will be potting him up to a 25-30 gal pot

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

wait, a 25-30 gallon pot? that's a heck of a lot of dirt for one plant. lucky plant. I thought mine were happy in their 5 gallon buckets!

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

How do you already have a reaper cross? I assume you did this yourself?

Tim

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

took some more photos a week or so back but have not had a chance to get them posted the odd weather got me ill and just starting to recover but here are a few more from 1 of my larger gardens there in the distance you can see my good ole guard dog hard at work terrorizing the rabbits,deer & ground hogs after eating about 10 lbs of rib bones .... lol

This post was edited by Armageddon on Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 23:15

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this is the 2nd photo of the garden just across from the last photo still no grand total of plants in the ground yet still trying to play catch up .

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

there is still plenty of land this this is approx a 20-30 acre area total next season it will also be turned into larger gardens the land just beyond the tree line is also ours but its rented out to a local farmer this season .

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

the Blue super sized tote you see in the photos is another test/project i am working on its not peppers though it would be Sweet potatoes someone challenged me said sweet potatoes can not be grown here and that they have tried many many years with no success at all so ....i aim to prove them wrong we will see at the end of the season when i unveil the results with video footage the tote is filling very quickly faster than expected so it will maybe be a stack of totes by the end of the season

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is photo 2 of the potatoes then pic 3 to follow not sure how to add multiple photos to 1 post anyone know the trick ?

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and here is photo 3 from the Sweet potato test . i needed to add more soil before the photo but was not feeling to great .

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

getting ready to head outside for some potting up i will grab some more photos to share .

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    10 years ago

Armageddon: here's a tutorial.

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: multiple pics tutorial

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a photo of the Reapers root mass just before the transplant he is standing at over a foot tall and just going crazy some roots are thicker than a spaghetti noodle and he is starting to mass produce many Pod Chutes

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here are the roots

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a close up of the roots .

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and here is his new home its either 25 or 30 gal maybe larger i plan on harvesting these peppers from the 2nd story window ....(smile)

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this next project im working on i will show some photos but his info is still classified (Smile) he is a Very special Melon i can tell you that much i will also update photos on him trough the season . he was just transplanted into the same size pot as the reaper its 25-30 gal or larger .

• peppernovice
    10 years ago

Looks like things are starting to progress. It won't be long till you have pods. I can't wait to see the pics of the 2 story reaper plant. Melon......I'm intrigued.

Tim

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a photo update of the smallest garden i have going this season it is really starting to take off and fill in there is over 100 pepper plants here along with 5 test tomatoes and 2 test melons 4 test potatoes and a couple random veggies my buddy added along the left side .

This post was edited by Armageddon on Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 14:17

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here are some updates from the first garden it is filling in very fast super happy with the results so far also this garden is loaded with ladybugs .

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a side shot from the same garden

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

time for a couple updates my gardens are starting to fill in great lots of pods forming here are a couple photos to share this pepper here is the Jamaican Red First time growing this pepper so i dont know what the true heat level or how the flavor is yet just waiting for 1 to ripe up so it can be sampled

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here we have a small Numex Halloween he has been struggling but has managed to put out a few pods

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here we have a Tepin along with a real close neighbor

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a Aji Lemon just starting to put out a lot of pods

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this guy here i am still trying to figure out he surly does not look to be the reaper i planted ... so far 2 reapers down and 7 others to still check .

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this guy is a 7 pot Brown a couple pods look to be changing color so i will be able to test the heat very soon .

• DMForcier
    10 years ago

That's a gnarly looking pod, similar to my douglahs. I predict that when you test it "quite warm" will be what you write since you will be unable to speak for the bandages on your tongue.

BTW, where are you?

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

DM i am in michigan and so far i have 3 takers that are going to sample that first ripe 7 pot brown so it will be in 1/3 not to bad still will have quite a bit of heat ......i had 1 pod on the plant that had a bug hole so my buddy broke it open looking for the bug and forgot to wash his hands he touched his eyes and head wiping sweat and well he was running for the water .... he thought with it being still green that there was no heat yet .... lol

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

well i picked the pod from the 7 pot brown and 1 guy backed out on the taste test so me and the other guy halved it ...... had a real good fruity flavor then a few seconds later the heat was quite intense my buddy starting using his Tea as mouth wash ... lol first it hit the back of the throat then moved to the top of the tongue seemed a bit hotter then the 7 pot reds i have tried . will have to run a few more test i will let the next ripe one sit on the plant for a couple weeks to build up more heat

• Armageddon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is another shot of the 7 pot brown plant it's loaded with pods that are ripening up fairly fast now .

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler