Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whyjustin_gw

Bacteria/Fungus Question

whyjustin
9 years ago

Hello, long time lurker first time poster. I have been growing an array of super hots in a hydroponics setup (aeroflo). About a week ago I noticed brown spots on the pepper leaves with transparent yellow rings around them, some of which burned through the entire leaf. Reading through this forum I diagnosed as Bacterial Leaf Spot (BLS). Since the peppers are grown close together in a recirculating water system, all the peppers were effected. I immediately removed as many effected leaves as possible, starting with the most severe cases. I started applying Bonide Liquid Copper fungicide and preparing for the worst. In addition, I moved the peppers from a semi shaded area to full sun as they were getting contamination from an above ground irrigation system in the semi shade location. Unrelated, I started using CALiMAGic with the normal weekly nutrients to supplement calcium and magnesium to the peppers.

It has now been ~10 days and two applications of copper fungicide since I noticed the outbreak. The new growth still has issues but it seems very different from the original symptoms. The new growth is severely curled, spotted black and with brown edges. I was wondering if this still seems symptomatic of BLS or if I misdiagnosed. I also was wondering if the symptoms were a result of any of the changes to the environment which also may have overly stressed the plants.

Here is a link to more pictures: Most of the images are new growth on the super hots but there is also an image of a leaf of a sweet cayenne. The leaf is older and shows the original symptoms which I thought were BLS (this leaf I left on the plant since the symptoms were not as bad as most of the leafs).

Thanks in advance for the help and all the help you have given me during my lurking time.

EDITED: Clarified the system was recirculating water and added images inline.

This post was edited by whyjustin on Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 22:05

Comments (2)

Sponsored