Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkirk3279

Sweet Chili Pepper

jkirk3279
13 years ago

Hi.

I'm looking for seed for Sweet Red Chili peppers, preferably from Nigeria.

There was a study that evaluated the compound Capsiate, found in large amounts in these plants.

The top two species were from Nigeria, and Venezuela. Third on the list was a C. annuum var. glabriusculum from Mexico.

Capsiate turns out to be very good at stimulating the metabolism, and helping with weight loss.

It's an ingredient in two weight loss supplements I've researched.

I'd like very much to raise these plants myself. For details, research "CH-19 Sweet".

Comments (10)

• oregonwoodsmoke
    13 years ago

Well.... people are certainly thin in Nigeria, but I suspect that is because they are starving, not because they eat red peppers.

• euarto_gullible
    13 years ago

That's amazing. I just recently received this email about the same pepper.

Central SeedBank of Nigeria
    Lagos, Nigeria
    01-658-21-2658

TO: CEO
    Everytown, USA

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Peppers Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Peppers Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for pepper breeding in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced unrivaled sweet peppers. The Nigerian National Pepper Company is desirous of spreading these peppers to other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these peppers to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Pepper Company, and also the Central SeedBank of Nigeria, in moving these peppers out of Nigeria. If the pepper seeds can be secretly sent to you, you can trade the seeds as directed by the Nigerian National Pepper Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Pepper Company would agree to send you additional secret varieties.

However, to be a legitimate recipient of these pepper seeds according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Pepper Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central SeedBank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central SeedBank is maintaining this variety, and will attempt to selfishly grow them all out and eat them without saving additional seeds.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

• jkirk3279
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ha, ha.

Not helpful.

• rockguy
    13 years ago

The OP should know there are no "sweet chili Peppers". Assuming you mean "chile", that is hot. There are hot peppers in many degrees, then there are sweet peppers that have no heat.

• User
    13 years ago

jkirk3279,

I searched for "CH-19 Sweet". Without prejudice, what I found kinda hints at a snake-oil deal. You know, the amazing cure for constipation to Ebola.

I could not find any legit reference to seed sales, just weight loss products. What you do with your time and money is your business but in your search I'd be wary of and seed sale claims on eBay if I were you.

Peace,

Bill

• jkirk3279
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Without prejudice, what I found kinda hints at a snake-oil deal. "

Oh, I'm sure there are some oily snakes out there. There's a company in HK, that will sell refined capsiate.

Trouble is, they want $885 a kilo, and they won't sell in smaller amounts.

In broken English, their rep explained they couldn't sell in smaller amounts due to demand.

I called him a fraud to his face. If they had such high demand, selling in smaller amounts would make more sense than pricing potential customers out of the market.

And a kilo of that concentrate would last for years... that's 2.2 POUNDS.

There's another Chinese company that has a press release stating they are trying to synthesize capsiate.

I contacted them, and in perfect English they said they were still perfecting the process and could put me on their mailing list.

Who would you prefer to do business with?

There are maybe a dozen scientific papers on the effects of Capsiate. I'll add the link to the best one.

Oh, and the official American distributor, Ajinomoto, is selling through physicians only. I will print off the info and give it to my doctor.

Capsiate has been in weight loss products for five years. Venom is one trade name, Built is another.

I'm sure, though, you can see why I'd rather raise my own.

The closest sweet, red, knobby, cigar-shaped red pepper I can find seeds for is Sigaretta Dolce. Given that all peppers came from the New World anyway, it could be related closely enough.

Oh, and "chili pepper" refers just to members of the capsicum genus. Hot or sweet, same species.

"Chile" is a Mexican usage... and no, that's not what I meant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Capsiate study

• ajijoe
    13 years ago

There not from Nigeria but from mexico

why not try "GUAJILLO" THERE NOT VERY HOT AND THEY ARE SWEET!!

i like them they have a berry like flavour AND ARE VERY EASY TO FIND DRIED

hope this helps thanks your friend Joe

• jkirk3279
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"There not from Nigeria but from mexico"

Yes, all peppers are from the New World.

But there's been enough time since Columbus for the various sub-species to adapt to new environments and specialize for specific traits.

So the Nigerian pepper I'm looking for has developed a high level of capsiate due to the different environment.

No doubt the Ajinomoto CH-19 hybrid is even higher due to specific breeding.

Going down the list, there was a C. annum var annum from Venezuela, then C. annuum var. glabriusculum from Mexico, then a C. Chinese from the USA, etc.

What we should have is another ID code to keep track of all these varieties based on DNA.

If I can't find choice a) or b) I'll look for the glabriusculum. It might be easier to find than yet another variety of c .annum var annum.

Thanks for the info on the GUAJILLO. Berry-like flavor...in a pepper. Huh.

Sometimes God finds something He likes and runs with it. Ever notice how many different plants taste like lime or lemon?

• anteo87_hotmail_it
    13 years ago

is there any place where can i buy seeds of this peppers?

• seysonn
    13 years ago

I wonder where do they get 1 Killogram of capsiate from? How much peppers they need to process to get 1 KG of capsiate?
    Call me skeptic if you will.A lot of fraud is going on in herbal and other vegetable based supplements and medicine. I will no buy any of those claims, untill I see a scientific study done by a reputable university.
    I give you a weight loss secret: JUST EAT LESS. hehe

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio