Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andres1436

Growing Jalapenos & Cayenne Peppers Indoors

andres1436
9 years ago

Hello, I have these 2 young plants, one jalapeno and one cayenne pepper plant. the jalapeno is about 7 and a half inches and the cayenne is 5 inches. they are in pots that are 5 inches tall and 6 inches wide they are both in separate pots. i have them in my balcony because i live in an apartment, in florida its pretty hot and sunny, especially in the summer.

today i noticed the jalapeno's leaves were a bit droopy, it was very sunny and hot and the balcony receiving full light at the moment. so i watered and about 5 hours later they seem to be doing good.

My quesitons are:

1. are both the cayenne and jalapeno plants receiving too much sun? what is the ideal temp for growing both cayenne and jalapeno?

2. lets say its an average of 80- to 90 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and 80-85 at night. how often should i water them?

3. how much water should give to both the jalapeno and cayenne plant? the pots dont have drainage holes.

4. should put drainage holes in the pots or is it too late?

5. my final question: can they grow in that pot and mature and produce peppers in that size pot? i dont expect much. but is it possible? maybe topping them?

thank you!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz