Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaf Curling Upwards, Dark areas, Yellow in peppers, what is it??

Posted by rachael_zac (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 07 at 21:07

What could this be? A disease, deficiency, pest? New at growing peppers.... Thanks for help!

Bell Pepper leaves:

Habanero leaves:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaf Curling Upwards, Dark areas, Yellow in peppers, what is

I'm having the same problem on my habaneros!

o

I know this is an old post, but I am experiencing the same problem. Any help out there? Thanks!

o

having the same leaf curl on 1 meter tall plants. new leaf and blooms are coming out and then drying. please advise.
kishlar@aol.com

o

It has taken years ( 7 yrs !) and NOBODY has come up with a diagnosis.

Where are our pepper experts ?

Leaf yellowing is a possible sign of nutrient deficiency and maybe too much watering.

Leaf rolling ( if there are no pests) is normally a reaction to excess water and nutrient. AS there are more than one person having seemingly similar problem but each could be in fact different.

o

Leaf rolling can also be an indicator of disease/virus. But don't panic, wait until you have a definitive answer. There are other factors/indicators that are involved in disease/virus. When your leaves are yellowed cut back on watering for a little bit to see if it is over watering. If this doesn't fix the problem then it is probably a nutrient deficiency.

o

Who is panicing ?, The guy had this issue SEVEN (7) years ago.
I am sure the plants in question are history, for the better or worst.
Bless their soul ! hehe

This post was edited by seysonn on Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 3:13

o

Panicing? I was excited to see a thread with pics of the same problem one of my overwintered plants is having.

-UPucker

o

Another possibility of leaf curling is herbicide in the soil. A good example would be Spectricide or Roundup that was sprayed in the area even months prior. Even Weed and Feed from your lawn that may have gotten into the garden can cause this. When the roots of the plant spread out into the contaminated ground this can happen on Peppers and Tomato plants.

o

Hey, that's a pretty good guess. Makes more sense than anything else that has come to mind...

o

Thanks Dennis, but I suspect herbicide is not the cause if he used some sort of potting soil, which it looks like in the pictures.

But you never know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here