Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bryanarock

What am i doing wrong?

bryanarock
10 years ago

so until a few months ago i had never used any form of greenhouse method and i was just putting my seeds strait into the pot they were to be in and let them grow like that ive never really grown peppers from seed before and i wanted them to be perfect i got one of the jiffy 72 peat pellet green houses and i was really happy with them they grew quick and i moved them after they seemed too leggy to stay in the greenhouse to plastic cups now i moved them before they got there true leaves i took the netting off the peat pellets put them with seed starting soil and that was that ive killed most of my seedling in several different ways first i over watered them and they were falling over dead because of that then they are now just falling over or they curl and look like there getting burnt at the edges but im no longer over watering them at first they were getting about 6-8 hours of sunlight from my window a day and now there getting 12-16 of a grow lamp.so did i transplant them to soon? to much or not enough sun? how often should they be watered and how far should i fill the cup? i have the outside cup and an inside cup with holes to drain it i water from the bottom by putting water in the outside cup and then sitting the holey cup inside. i use a mix of miracle grow seed starting mix and plantation products lawn and garden seed starting mix.also i use standard sink water could my water be bad to many chemicals? so to add insult to injury of plants already dieing i decided to do some more seeds into the jiffy greenhouse with some new peat pellets i figured this time ill wait until they get 4 true leaves then transplant them that maybe i put them into shock or something well my i told my husband once the pellets turn light brown we can water them again..he decided to water them while i wasnt home and he took a huge batch of fish fertilizer with i assume alot less water and doused my peat pellets today i checked them and they were moldy and muddy looking and had maggots and things that looked like fruit flies on them :( ugggg 2 seeds per peat pellet times 72 pellets what a waste its hard enough for me to get seeds. so back to the reason im posting any advice is helpful i keep getting advice and just when i think its working something new happens lol.

Comments (2)

Sponsored