Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small plants producing fruit

Posted by Urbanscout CA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 21, 11 at 22:59

Hey guys, I just want to start off by saying that the community has helped me in all so many ways and my gratitude to all of you.

I've started growing peppers in May (Well no peppers yet but a few flowers.) My friend had gave me a whole bunch of other peppers which were pretty small but some had fruit on them. My question is if I leave any fruit on the plants will they cease in growing bigger and bushier? Any tips would be great!

Thanks guys!
Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small plants producing fruit

they will continue to grow w/ fruit on them they will just grow @ a slightly reduced rate depending on how small u r talking about it may be the best idea to snip the flowers and or fruit to let the plant grow but if it isn't too small I say just let the peppers grow

o

Leave it alone, it's fruiting, the very thing you're after.

o

I would only snip them if they are really small plants. Once mine get about a foot tall I let them go.

o

They're way smaller that a foot but i ended up snipping them it's alright. I'm pretty sure they'll keep producing more fruit. Thanks guys!

o

My jalapeno plant is producing extremely small peppers and the plant is small...can you tell me what may cause this??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here