Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just One Out of Chinese 5C

Posted by seysonn 7b WA/HZ 1 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 0:02

Finally, I have some pods forming on my Chinese multi color. It started as purple: What is Next ?

Now that I am here: I am reporting a LOT of blossom drop across the board. Any ideas why ?
Thanks guys:

seysonn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just One Out of Chinese 5C

I am having a lot of blossom drop too but am hoping it's from the heat from the past week, good looking plant
Randal

o

What's next? Multi colors!

Seriously, the fruit usually change from purple to orange then red. Yellow-white sometimes occurs when fruit fist appears, but any combination is normal.

As for blossom, read attached.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pepper Blossoms Falling Off The Plant

o

I'm growing a ghost pepper that turns purple during one of its stages!!!! I'm growing 4 types of ghosts this year. They all just started to get their buds... finally.

I'm doing a container garden on my patio... some plants get rain fall on them... most do not. When I was watering last week I did an overhead watering on one sweet pepper plants that doesn't get any rain and all of the blossoms fell off. They're now re-growing new buds to flower.
I've concluded I must be careful watering since they aren't use to over head water to make their stems strong enough to tolerate it.

o

northeast_chileman,

That is an awesome plant. I can count 4 color on it.

This past 2 weeks we had an unusual heat wave, causing a lot of blossom drops. Now we are back to normal. Hope that my pepper will get started podding.

o

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

o

seysonn, how tall do they get? I'm looking for a pepper that is decorative (pretty) but one used for eating/cooking, that doesn't get more than 2 feet tall.

This one looks nice, thus the height question.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here