Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tttiiiiiiiimberrrrr

Posted by scott123456 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 0:26

When I got home from work I noticed my overwintered Caribbean red hab fell over. It is completely loaded with pods and I guess that with the rain weight was too much for it. Either that or an animal tried to climb it. Nothing broke except the root ball (tore about half off), it came up roots and all. I propped it up, covered the root ball, and staked it. Do you think it will survive, at least long enough to get most of these pods ripe?

Thanks,
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tttiiiiiiiimberrrrr

It should make a full recovery after the initial stress.

Stoney

o

Other than broken branches/fruits, there should be no problem, as long as the root bulb is not badly messed up.

o

• Posted by jutsFL 9b (Orlando) (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 8:18

Ya, it should be fine. You'd be surprised what these peppers can actually handle! (...that is, after the seedling stage part)

Jay

o

Ha reminds me of a few weeks ago when I kept coming home to plants laying on their side. I just knew it was the doe I had seen on the other side of the fence, but never found any evidence of nibbling.

Finally I concluded it was just the strong winds toppling container plants needing watering, so built racks to keep them upright. Still we had a t-storm come through last week knocking over the tallest poblano. It broke a branch but didn't hurt anything. Just propped it back up and it quickly became stiff again.

Yes, peppers are some tough plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here