Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
photopilot

Transplanting peppers

photopilot
15 years ago

Being a newbee but enthusiastic gardeners we made a few errors. The biggest one is planting Peppers and Squash intermingled. If you have worked with both you can guess who wins out in a competition between the two. Since over half out garden is dedicated to these two items, we have more than enough of both of each of these, but i am not sure you can ever have too many hot peppers.

So far we have been cutting the leaves and repositioning vines of the squash as they interfere with the lives of the peppers. At this point the squash vines are growing so fast, seems like a couple of feet a week, i am hoping for other options.

Is it possible to dig up the pepper plants that are so deep into the squashes territory that it is either one or the other? Most of the I.D. tags have been buried in mulch so I am not sure what is where, but I think the most endangered peppers are some Thai chilis, jalapenos, red hots and Habaneros.

Any suggestions on how to dig up and move these peppers to another row, or would it be too tough on these plants about to start producing?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting