Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jalapeno Pepper leaves turning yellow

Posted by msvk (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 0:42

HI all,
I am pretty new to this forum..but after browsing thru few posts I thought I would be getting some good solutions.
Here is my Issue...Couple of months back I bought Jalapeno pepper plants from target. I used a 5 gallon pot to re plant them but i used only "Scott's Topsoil" to plant the them. I had no clue that it should not be used for plants in containers. Then again I re planted them by replacing 50% of the top soil by potting mix.
Now the leaves of jalapeno plants are turning yellow..the bottom ones, but there are few flowers which are turning into jalapenos (I think)
I wanted to know if this yellowness of the leaves is common or is it due to the soil or due to the watering (I do water my plants daily) ?
Also I live in CA so the climate kind of hot these days..
Please let me know the solution...
Thanks,
MSVK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jalapeno Pepper leaves turning yellow

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Its hard to comment with any surety without more details. How are you watering, what kind of sunlight do they have, how big are they (have they visibly grown since you replanted)? Did your potting soil have fertilizer in it or have you fed them? Is the yellowing all over general yellowing or how would you describe it if different?

Just with the info you provided, if the yellowing is general all over and complete, I would add that the older bottom leaves on plants that have been stressed early on sometimes yellow and fall off. This is no concern at all, but natural plant behavior.

kendra

o
RE: Jalapeno Pepper leaves turning yellow

Too much water will cause this and watering every day is too much especially with soil that drained poorly. You might get away with watering daily with the new mix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here