Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID my peppers?

Posted by brandonk Pennsylvania (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 0:52

Hello all, I would appreciate some help on identifying this pepper, It's probably easy to tell what kind it is for most of you but i'm a first time grower, My grandfather got these from one of his friends but he doesn't like hot peppers so he couldn't tell me the kind he just says he knows there hot peppers. I think they are habaneros but I'm probably wrong. I also thought it would be more wrinkly but they are more roundish, I appreciate any help.

Also here is a picture of the pepper itself and its insides

http://i46.tinypic.com/2w595ld.jpg

Thank you,
Brandon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID my peppers?

Looks like Amish Apple?
Upturned pods,green to yellow to red.
Not that hot.Actually sweet when yellow.

Also called Hot apple , Alma Paprika , Hungarian Apple and Cheese pepper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Apple pepper

o

Thank you for the reply but are you sure? I looked at the pictures and most of those pepper look light green this one is a very dark green, also the looks of the pepper on the pictures look quite big but my biggest ones right now only fit in the palm of my hand, but then again mine aren't ripe or anything.

I included a picture of it in my palm. Since i have no experience and you do you are probably right so i will go with what you said =].

If you want any more pictures just reply as i will take more.

Thank you,
Brandon

Also i can't find any scoville measurements for the pepper you said it was *Searched under all the names* If you or anyone else can, can you compare the heat to anything. I know you said it was quite sweet when yellow but what is the hottest it normally gets, I want this pepper to give me a okay amount of heat. So can anyone compare it to anything?

o

Looks like an annuum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here