Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aji Seeds

Posted by Koreansoul 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 2:30

HI all,

I'm looking for Aji seeds in particular ones that don't have that soapy tastes and specifically I would like to have the Aji Pineapple.

Does anyone know a good source for this? Refining fire chilis has them but they're pretty expensive. Let me know!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aji Seeds

I'm growing Aji Pineapple for the first time, and I've got pods about to ripen. Also have pods ripening on Aji Lemon Drop and Aji Amarillo. I can help you in a few weeks.

Cheers, Tom

o

Do you have to have "Aji" in the name ?

To my understanding "Aji" is the same as "chili" . So basically any hot pepper is Aji and/or Chili pepper.

So if you move beyond the "Aji" barier, you maybe able to have a lot more choices.

o

If I understand correctly, "aji" does mean chili but is used in a specific area, like Peru. So it does tend to identify peppers from that area, many of which seem to be C.baccatum.

Koreansoul, Rather than look for something with an Aji in the name, what are you looking for in a chili?

Dennis

o

Your zone 9 but I don't know what's you are. If you live anywhere around Lakeland Florida, tonight is "hot pepper night" and one of the participants told me he was bringing a whole tray of Aji Lemon seedlings to give away to everyone. Free is always a great price. We start after 8pm at the Chili's on 98 north.

o

Plantsman I had no idea that was going on! I live in Central Florida and not that far. Darnit. Does that happen every weekend?!

I'm looking specifically for Aji strains and Aji Pineapple in particular. My grow is pretty diverse and I just have a hankering to grow Aji. :)

o

Plantsman I had no idea that was going on! I live in Central Florida and not that far. Darnit. Does that happen every weekend?!

I'm looking specifically for Aji strains and Aji Pineapple in particular. My grow is pretty diverse and I just have a hankering to grow Aji. :)

o

I have some Aji Crystal, Aji Rojo and Aji Armarillo.

The last 2 have not produced pods yet, but they look to be starting (flowers everywhere). Hopefully in a month or sooner. I will have seeds if you want.

Crystal seeds I have now.

Ron

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 16:24

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here