Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
information on Violet Kandhari Chili.

Posted by scgreenthumb1987 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 5:01

Are these real? And is so anyone have any seeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: information on Violet Kandhari Chili.

Pic

o

oh wow that's beautiful. I've never seen such a blue pepper...

why can i not find any information on this variety anywhere?

This post was edited by OKgrowin on Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 10:14

o

My guess would be Photoshop.

o

yeah, that blue looks kinda fake. my wife is good with photoshop, maybe next year I can start selling polka dot superhots.

o

They are real ... they start out with a blue/purple pigment then turn red as they ripen. Various cultivars exist.

http://sev.lternet.edu/~jnekola/Heirloom/pepper pics/chili_large_buena_mulata_A.jpg

http://www.interseeds.co.uk/pepper-hot-purple-tiger-20-seeds-11445-p.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bolivian_Rainbow_fruits.JPG

http://immasaitama.blogspot.com/2011/07/colorful-of-japanese-chili-peppers.html

o

Purple is not blue, especially that bright of blue. There is some chili's that they call "blue" but it is a darker purplish color... not like this.

Enlarge the picture. It looks like someone colored it in, added white. Lines are not 100% straight. I would have to see it to believe it.

if it was real, someone somewhere would be selling it, not Ebay or Amazon.

o

this image is used on the most general of all wikipedia pages about peppers, the page title is simply chili pepper. does that make it legit? not necessarily, but I would like to hope they'd do at least some fact checking/research before so prominently featuring an image on non-obscure page.

o

Thank you LazyGardens, great links & sites!

o

I just saw them mentioned on facebook and was curious. Well hoping more than curious. Looks like either color enhanced or photoshoped. But one can hope right? Lol.

o

the image is only on wikipedia. not anywhere else on the web.... (google image searched it..)

I messaged the guy who posted it (his IP is in india)

o

> " I would like to hope they'd do at least some fact checking/research before so prominently featuring an image on non-obscure page."

You'd be wrong. I love Wikipedia and contribute frequently but there is NO fact checking that isn't done by volunteers and the "pepper experts" that are editors are practically non-existent. I wouldn't depend on Wikipedia for much of any authority in this area.

Dennis

o

Speaking of photoshopped, the below pic is used on eBay for the attached peppers.

photo Pepper.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: 20

o

So I was surfing and found this picture that had a "blue hue".

Guess where it was located?

Here is a link that might be useful: Burpee!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here