Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do my jalape�os look ok?

Posted by bob123how Tx (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 8:47

I've never grown jalape�os before, so I don't know what my plants should look like. On one of them, new leaf growth is curled down and in. It looks almost like basil leaves.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The plants were started in mid may and were transplanted into an earthbox. They get direct sun in the morning and evening and bright dappled shade from about 11 am - 6 pm. I refill the water reservoir every morning and I see no indication of pests. The other plants seem to have flat leaves. Also, the seeds had about a 50% germination rate. Is this normal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do my jalape�os look ok?

That is a nice looking plant.

o

That is a pretty plant. I see what you mean about it looking basil-y. Could it's feet be wet? I can't tell how big the container is compared to the plant, but I've had problems with overwatering a few peppers that I had in containers that were a bit too large for them. My leaves curled up, not down, though.

You might want to check the soil a few inches down, and see how wet it is. Good luck!

o

Thanks folks. I don't think they are overwatered because they are in an earthbox. I has a 3 gal reservoir at the bottom of the box and water is wicked up through 2 of the corners. (otherwise there is a screen separating the water from the soil) The other plants in the box seem to be ok, so I'll keep an eye on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here