Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I buy bad seeds?

Posted by bcmolle Zone 7, No VA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 9:03

Ok, so I was a greenhorn at the beginning of the season (hadn't ever even been oh GW) and bought some (what were supposed to be) Trinidad moruga scorpion seeds and bhut jolokia seeds. Well, after months of nurturing these plants, I am less than impressed with what they seem to be, but I could be wrong. Being as you all know much more than me, I wanted to get your opinion. The first picture is of the "trinidad moruga scorpion" that I have grown. Bhut jolokia to follow. Thanks in advance for your opinion.
BC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I buy bad seeds?

And here is the result from the "bhut jolokia" seeds.

On a side note, I would like to amend my soil so that it is very porous, like my potting soil (because current the biggest jalapeño plant that I've ever grown is in potting soil, and the majority of the ones in the ground are lacking majorly). Thoughts, ideas.

o

The leaves don't look like chinenses, so I think you're correct, they're not what you were hoping for.

o

Agree Where did you get the seed?

o

Amazon.. The TMS from "evening primrose" and the bhut from "smile seed".

o

Definitely not a scorpion or ghost.

o

Amazon should monitor there venders better. So should EBay. Both peppers look like the same variety maybe the 2 venders are in on it.Getting ripped off sucks , Dont buy seed from any vender on that site. Im sure there are reputable dealers there but your still taking a gamble.

o

Agree. Looks like you got some variety of Thai plants there. Sorry for your misfortune. Still a nice pepper though. You may want to harvest those existing pods to tell the plant to put out more blooms and foliage.

Kevin

o

• Posted by jutsFL 9b (Orlando) (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 12:43

Agreed with Kevin, both appear to be some Thai variation - both are definitely not what they were intended to be.

Jay

o

Would anyone be willing to share some true seeds with me?

o

Bcmolle, PM/email me. What are you wanting/looking for?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here