Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally 3rd year is the charm

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 9:07

This is my 3rd year trying to grow Super hots. 1st year I ordered Big sun Habenero seeds, Ghost seeds, and trinidad Scorpian seeds. The Big sun seeds were correct but the other two seemed to be some sort of ghost-Hab cross.Last year I got a couple of ghosts and a Carolina reaper but we had a cold July so nothing came in. I kept them going indoors this winter and now have about 12 big Reaper pods coming in (and many other small ones), My ghosts just started putting out pods (all at once it seems), and I have 3 big three year old Habenero plants exploding with pods. Now the waiting game until the ripen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally 3rd year is the charm

Well done. There'll be no stopping you now!

o

Forgot to mention my one potted Cayenne pepper plant that has about 60 peppers on it. That one just came in like a flood. it's getting new peppers everyday.

o

• Posted by djoy 5-6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 13:27

Sounds great! I would love to see some pictures, especially of the three year olds.

I am in my first year of growing peppers and have one lonely Hab pod growing after all sorts of trials and tribulations. The latest being, deer packing down my roots on a few plants while they chomp on my grape vines.

Even if I end up with no pods this year I have really been enjoying it. Hope I can make a similar post in a couple years.

Dj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here