Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Of Bhuts and Cats (forget the mice and the men)

Posted by Edymnion 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 10:55

So I was preparing a couple of fresh bhuts to go into my vodka bottle to really supercharge it, and my cat Dorian (a gray tabby, get it, Dorian the Gray?) kept whining for the obvious people food I was fixing.

So, I took where I had cut the stem and back end of the pepper off (to open it up so the vodka can get inside easily) and held it down for him to sniff.

He did that classic cat recoil, fell over backwards, and proceeded to run into the next room.

Guess the pepper was ripe, eh?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Of Bhuts and Cats (forget the mice and the men)

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 11:23

My damn dog chews on them. I gave him a Naga last fall and he chewed it but didn't eat it. Didn't seem the worse for the wear afterwards either. Since he has chewed up several Hot Hungarian Wax and just a couple days ago, he chewed up my first ripe pepper of the season, a Pepperoncini. I know they are not that hot but I am surprised he messes with them at all. He probably treats them as toys that "bite" back.

I am growing Trinidad Scorpion Butch T this year. If I can get it to bloom and set fruit, I may be able to break him of his taste for hot peppers once and for all.
Bruce

o

Well Edymnion, unlike Bruce's pooch, at least you can say your cat is normal ;-)

o

I'm not sure how to respond to someone who has a pet that eats hotter peppers than he does!

o

• Posted by esox07 4b Wisconsin (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 18:12

Photobucket
Bruce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here