Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chocolate colored peppers

Posted by kuvaszlvr 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 11:13

Hi guys, I'm trying to think of some really nice chocolate colored peppers (maybe the color of a Chocolate Hab, or Bhut), heat level under 100K, shape similar to serrano maybe. This may be stupid, but you know, Peter peppers come in red, yellow, and orange... why not chocolate? I started thinking, why not try to come up with a chocolate variety. But I can't think of any nicely colored chocolate peppers other than the 2 I listed. I guess I could go with a Black Hungarian. Any ideas?
Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chocolate colored peppers

Hi Pam,

Maybe if you want a project cross a Peter Pepper with a Berbere Brown pepper since is about the same shape and size and get a choc peter pepper.

Hope this helps

Mark

o

Is the Berbere Brown, the same as the Ethiopian Berbere? Bill gave me some seeds this season, the plant is not big enough for flowers yet, but so far it's healthy.

I haven't tried one of the peters yet, but so many rave about their flavor and consistent heat level.

o

Not sure if they are the same. I did look them up online and looks to be either red or brown so not too clear. Guess you may have to wait or ask Bill if they ripen to brown or ripen to red.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here