Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kung pao/balada

Posted by deadhead61 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 12:08

Anyone ever grown these?If so,where were seeds from?My dad had some last year,planted some,gave away the rest,so no leftover seeds.Bought new seeds this year,not even a hot pepper,looks to be a Marconi type,color yet unknown,so stay away from"Seeds of Africa" website.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kung pao/balada

I dont know about your peppers, but I know what you mean about not trusting certain sites. Im having the same issue two of my plants are starting to look like something other than I thought I was purchasing. I would stick to any of the sites the folks here recommend or through the seed swaps that go on here. I was able to recieve many peppers from kind members here and hope to pay it forward to others as well once harvest time comes. A quick search on seed resellers in the forums should yield plenty of info on dependable sites that you may be able to find the seeds you need on.

This post was edited by flipback23 on Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 15:17

o

Seems I found the wrong "Seeds of Africa" website,

Here is a link that might be useful: Seeds of Africa

o

lmao @ northeast.

Two main pepper plants on that site-- capsicum sativa and capsicum indica ;)

Kevin

o

I dunno. Given the screen name of the OP, you might be talking about the same site.

Dennis

lmao at the whole thread

o

lol @ Dennis. Now why would a deadhead have bad things to say about that website?

Kevin

o

Hey Deadhead, been growing them for years. I get mine from burpee or Trade winds. Yes, you have to be very careful I've bought them from other places and have no idea what I actually grew.
Pam

P.S. thanks for the heads up. I was tempted to buy seeds from them last year as they were the only place I could find that sold the seeds that I was looking for, glad I didn't bother.

This post was edited by kuvaszlvr on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 8:26

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here