Return to the Hot Pepper Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Only the strong survive

Posted by daisydawnny 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 12:25

I usually lurke here but wanted to check in. We had a F1 tornado here last Thursday. Town is devestated. Our yard is wiped out, lost our sheds, my greenhouse and most of the garden. I had 4 pepper plants (Nagas I think) from seed Bruce sent me. They did not flinch or bend!!!Tough little buggers!! I have staked up some other peppers and tomatoes to see if they will recover.
We just got power back early this morning, waiting for the insurance adjuster so we can start the massive clean up...Our house only had minor damage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Only the strong survive

Good luck with the clean up effort. Good to hear you are safe and only suffered minimal damage. Hopefully by the time you harvest those peppers, things will be getting closer to normal.

o
RE: Only the strong survive

Thanks peppernovice.., Insurance adjuster will be here Saturday. Anxious to start clean up. Had more storms today so I did not have a chance to check on my survivors in the garden. This sucks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hot Pepper Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here